Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a lot of posts and threads I'm more confused now than I was before I started my search....

My transmission is being replaced under warranty. While the transmission is out of the car I figure I'll have them throw in a short throw shifter. I understand there is basically three shifters I can go with (B&M, UUC, and Katech) and depending on who you ask each is better than the other and ALL are better than stock...

My question is DO I NEED TO PURCHASE THE SHIFTER BUSHING IN ADDITION TO PURCHASING THE SHORT THROW SHIFTER? Is the bushing specific to a specific shifter? I'm going to order the shifter tomorrow and have it overnighted and would like to know if I need to get the bushing too. My V is an 06 with 40k miles on it.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
All the shift kits consist of is the throw lever- the bushings go between the mounting plate and rods, which have nothing to do with the new shifter. Since the bushings don't touch the shifter itself, they can be used with any shifter kit.

As long as you've got it out, I'd definitely order a set of the poly bushings from Luke at Lindsay.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
The bushings that GM uses from the factory are the major issue in why the stock shifter feels so crummy.
Be sure to install the bushings.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
You won't regret it- I loved my UUC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts