Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRX Lux
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find a specific TSB on this seemingly common error message. Can someone spoon feed me a link to a TSB specific to the 2014 SRX "Shift to Park" error message? The car is in park but does not recognize this fact. I would like to send my wife to the dealer with as much info as possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
636 Posts
I had that on mine. I had the shifter replaced under warranty, here where I work. There was no TSB that we know of. It's quite common on Camaro's, too.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Lux
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had that on mine. I had the shifter replaced under warranty, here where I work. There was no TSB that we know of. It's quite common on Camaro's, too.
Thanks. I see it's common among a number of GM cars back to the early 21st century. Most likely the micro switch but appears the entire shift control needs to be replaced. Currently a jiggle of the shift lever gets it done but that won't last forever.

·
Registered
2012 SRX
4 Posts
Was having the same issue with my 2012 .....removed the bezel around the shifter. Looks like a small micro switch in the right front side of the shifter assembly. Coated it with WD-40 ...light has not come back on. So far so good.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Lux
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was having the same issue with my 2012 .....removed the bezel around the shifter. Looks like a small micro switch in the right front side of the shifter assembly. Coated it with WD-40 ...light has not come back on. So far so good.
Welldone! Love a free diy fix.

I rip into my sleds, dirt bike and mowers without hesitation but going at my wife's SRX with a screwdriver gives me pause. Gotta' get over that. =) Ha!

She had it fixed under warranty at her last oil change.

·
Registered
2011 SRX Premium
11 Posts
The WD40 worked for me thanks Spookhil1963. There was lithium grease from the shifter cable on the switch and the WD40 cleaned it right up and the light has not come back on since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do you get in there???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts