Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes under moderate acceleration, it seems like the shifting on my car is rough (compared to my '97 SLS). When I accelerate slowly, it's smooth. It's also very smooth when I punch it. Also, when standing still with my foot on the brake - the shift from R to D seems to move the front end of the car a bit. Are there transmission mounts on these cars that can go bad causing these symptoms? Or are they both just normal...I've already inspected/tested the front center motor mount and that's fine.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
NONE
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On second thought, when I was testing the movement shifting from R to D and P to D, the car had just been started. The RPMs are higher at initial startup...I read on another forum that it will jerk if the RPMs aren't at normal idle speed when shifting gears. Whether there is a problem or not, I'd still like to know if there's something going on here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
NONE
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The upward movement of the front of the car when shifting from P to D, or R to D happens when the car is fully warmed up as well. Should there be some movement there, or is something wrong?? There is no movement when shifting from P to R.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! I just don't want to chase something that isn't there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts