Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 STS, W/Nav
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I couldn't seem to find any posts about this in the past I have the, from what I understand the Cobra Style Shifter in my 97 Eldorado and Its just in bad shape and I really like the shifter Is there anyway i could have the leather repainted or anyone know where I can get one for cheap cause when i check on ebay there always 75 dollars or more, I don't want a different style either.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,006 Posts
Quite a few threads in here and down in Appearance. Someone recovered their knob in leather, posted last fall, with pictures. Yours may have the pin through the barrel instead of the "pull on it and smack your face" spring clip. Look in DeVille also.

·
Registered
eldorado
125 Posts
Take it to someone who does interior work and have it recovered or if it needs just color on it it can be painted at any good body shop and might cost more than a new one , if you want to try yourself you can go to a paint supply place and they can mix the color and put it in a spray can for you .. but you must use flexable dash paint or it will crack the first time you grab it..

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Yes they are, see my thread here.
Basically what I did, I bought this half-cow size piece of GM shale leather from e-bay with like $15 or so (can’t remember exactly) and let my sewing talent loose.
You can try before something like this:
Check their Web Site (click on the picture above) and select the Classic Coat section to find your color. You can buy online (thousands of places just search for “Sem Classic Coat") or go in the Where To Buy section and locate a dealer near you (usually are body paint shop suppliers).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts