Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
This was in all the car mags last month. Expect pricing north of $40K.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
BFD!! That thing's UGLY IMO. I wish Ford would stop screwing around and give us a damn COBRA! And it better not look like that Shelby GT500!!!!
Thank God at least some tuners have a clue about what a hot-rodded Mustang should look like. Ford's just confusing their customers with this crap. They bring out the GT and then leak a bunch of pictures of different iterations that "could" be the next Cobra, then bring us this abomination and throw the Shelby name on it. The performance is at or close to what the Cobra should be but the looks are WAY off IMO. Plus they don't call it a Cobra but still have Cobra badges on it? So what's up? Where's the REAL Cobra Ford? The one that BETTER have 500hp and be able to stand up to the Z06 at least in straight line performance.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
I'm not a big fan of Fords and I just can't figure out what their "tuners" are doing. Saleens and Rousch's (sp) are going for $50,000 with less horsepower than the new Shelby's will have. Why would anyone buy one of these.

I guess I could level the same criticism on Lingenfelter and Mallet. Now that the Z06 has arrived and makes 505HP (540hp really) why would anyone slap a blower on their Corvette and pay the L&M markups?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
CVP33 said:
I'm not a big fan of Fords and I just can't figure out what their "tuners" are doing. Saleens and Rousch's (sp) are going for $50,000 with less horsepower than the new Shelby's will have. Why would anyone buy one of these.
I guess I could level the same criticism on Lingenfelter and Mallet. Now that the Z06 has arrived and makes 505HP (540hp really) why would anyone slap a blower on their Corvette and pay the L&M markups?
Good point. I find what Ford is doing confusing at best.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe, 2009 Black Navigator
5,032 Posts
I agree with you Katshot. Where's the Cobra? If Ford ever does find it, yes it better have >500hp.

D

·
0 Posts
This car is gonna rock, but I would wait to get a Challenger anyway. 425hp without a supercharger, cant wait to see what a Vortech will do on that Hemi.

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS
423 Posts
Katshot said:
So what's up? Where's the REAL Cobra Ford? The one that BETTER have 500hp and be able to stand up to the Z06 at least in straight line performance.
Z06 isn't going to be beat. If Ford does manage to beat the Z06's HP, it will be done with forced induction of course. Which still looks impssible since they're making 475 with forced induction already. I already hate the New Mustang and this one is no exception. Z06 wins again!! :worship:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts