Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Sheet metal hole plug

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MarkEggert 
#1 ·
After washing my 2013 ATS Luxury 3.6 the other day I noticed the hole plug in the rear passenger side door was missing. I measured the hole at 5/8". I've searched the usual online parts places but they all seem to use the same online parts catalog powered by the same data service provider and the plug is not called out anywhere in the diagrams. A search of all parts results in thousands of listings and I gave up after about page 20. Amazon has plastic plugs but nothing to fit a 5/8" hole. Does anyone have any idea where I can find this simple part?

See less See more
#2 ·
Mark,

Search for .625 hole plug which is how a 5/8" plug is usually described, it is a very common size. I use Mouser for stuff like this since I use a lot of electronic components but Amazon should have plenty. They are often referred to as a conduit hole plug. Here is the Keystone part from Mouser and any decent hardware store or "big box" home store should have them: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Keystone-Electronics/8604?qs=/ha2pyFadugenAX7QbWVFEOi0sXtimPGji3U%2B5ur4QfAhiD51jMlEw==

Rodger

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thank you!

Possibly something like part number 13500936? This would be a rear side door access plug (OD is 19.5mm or close to 3/4"). So I don't know if that is for the hole this plug fits or the diameter of the top of the plug, which should obviously be bigger.

I agree this appears to be tricky to search for. Maybe call a dealer and ask if they have this part that you could physically compare with. Or try AutoZone. They have a several revolving racks of various clips, bolts, and plugs for each OEM. Find something close in size.
Thank you!

#3 ·
Possibly something like part number 13500936? This would be a rear side door access plug (OD is 19.5mm or close to 3/4"). So I don't know if that is for the hole this plug fits or the diameter of the top of the plug, which should obviously be bigger.

I agree this appears to be tricky to search for. Maybe call a dealer and ask if they have this part that you could physically compare with. Or try AutoZone. They have a several revolving racks of various clips, bolts, and plugs for each OEM. Find something close in size.

#5 · (Edited)

Hard to tell from the OP's picture where exactly the plug is, but I think 16ats is correct. See part #14 on the diagram; that's the part number that 16ats posted.

Edit:
I've searched the usual online parts places but they all seem to use the same online parts catalog powered by the same data service provider and the plug is not called out anywhere in the diagrams.
As you saw, many/most of the online GM parts places seem to use the same database with very generic drawings / diagrams. In contrast, wholesalegmpartsonline.com appears to have the actual GM parts diagrams, which are much more useful, so I've had that site saved as a favorite for years now and routinely use it for parts look-ups.

#6 · (Edited)
wholesalegmpartsonline.com
Thank you. Yes, that appears to be the plug I'm looking for. The same plug also exists in the same location on the front doors and the diagrams also call out that same part number for those plugs. The description says it's 19.5mm in diameter. I just measured the actual plug diameter on one of the other doors and sure enough, the overall size is 19.5mm. That's the part. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.