Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6l
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna be hooking up a pioneer double din deck and it has a small square black antenna and i would rather get it to run to the back of the car and cover it with a shark fin. has anyone done this with there car and would i need to get a longer antenna.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
are you talking about the GPS antenna for the radio?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
Yeah, which antenna are you talking about? The GPS antenna plug on the Pioneer unit will not fit the "shark fin" on the roof. However, if you end up buying the Pioneer's XM radio, GEX-P920XM, then the "shark fin" will be able to attach on that unit with removing the plastic shell.

What I did with my Pioneer's GPS antenna was to remove that trim that is on the top dash. You know that piece with the little lite brown bubble, the headlight sensor, in the center. It's very easy to do, just grab a paint stirrer and work your way from one edge to the other edge and pry it up. Once that is off, you have access to push thru the GPS antenna wire to plug into the Pioneer unit. Then just place the actual magnetic antenna under the dash piece you just removed. I get on average of 5 to 8(max) full signal. Where as I had that piece on the rear deck of the car, got sick and tired of the GPS getting lost.

KOT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts