Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac STS
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anything cool, unique you find out about your sts/ key fob that is kind of difficult to discover please share here

i will start-----*** i noticed that when turning up the volume on the nav screen i cannot see any gauge for the level of volume that is on?

maybe im just a newb...bought my sts yesterday:thepan:

·
Registered
07 STS4 V8 (sold), 2005 STS V6 1SC
217 Posts
That's one thing I do NOT like about my STS. There is no (at least, none that I can find anyway) volume level that you can see, you have to adjust it according to sound, there is no visual bar, graph, etc. If someone does know where one is, that would really be nice to see :)

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2019 CT6 Sport 3.0TT,2015 Luxury ATS , 2016 ELR, and Volt
2,398 Posts
One surprising feature is that when you use Onstar, the A/C blower will reduce speed in order to reduce background noise and then after the call will return to whatever it thought it should be.

·
Registered
Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS
536 Posts
Is there anyway to turn down the brightness of the navigation screen? At night it is so bright.
Make sure that in the configuration for the nav system that the nav screen is set to "auto". If it is set to "daytime", it will always be as bright as it is in the day time even at night.

This would be under the nav screen icon on the config screen.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,091 Posts
I figured out everything I needed to know about my STS by reading the owner's manual.

·
Registered
2008 STS
20 Posts
Intellibeam Headlights--- I have to turn them off anytime I drive at night. I will be driving down the interstate and I am "flashing" the people in front of me. High beams, low beams, high beams, low beams......This option is pretty worthless.

·
Registered
'05 STS 1SF
169 Posts
Intellibeam Headlights--- I have to turn them off anytime I drive at night. I will be driving down the interstate and I am "flashing" the people in front of me. High beams, low beams, high beams, low beams......This option is pretty worthless.

I wouldn't say worthless, on a 2 lane highway it works amazingly well.
Split four lanes are a different subject though.

·
Registered
none
627 Posts
I think it is great...its more diligent about making sure that I have enough light than I would be which means it's doing its job.:bouncy:

·
Banned
05 STS4 V8 1SG with ACC
95 Posts
b00001 there is nothing special to do. everytime i change either the radio station/cd player, station,track or volume it displays it in the HUD.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2008 STSV6 RWD
266 Posts
I am not sure I have intellibeam headlights. Everything seems there but they don't seem to work. 2008 STS DI6. Dose anyone know the build code? Thanks

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG (GONE!)
136 Posts
If the car is Intellibeam equipped the center rearview mirror will look like this from the outside of the car:

Plus you'll also have an additional button on the mirror itself (the one furthest to the left with a Headlight sign).:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2008 STS - Grey/Black Northstar NAV
198 Posts
I would not say it is a cool feature, but the NAV programming is like trying to figure out how to launch the space shuttle. What a royal PIA that is.

My 'stick on the window' Garmin, just type in address and hit "GO", POI's a but a button away, same with detours. DO NOT LIKE THE GM NAV.. Even with lockpick.. Now I can see why they don't want you messing with it while moving. I can't even figure it out sitting still.... Way so complicated.

Why do the front seats feel (and sound) like an old matress? Getting out of mine, when my weight hits the bolsters, I hear springs creeking like an old rocking chair. That REALLY annoys me. My 02 Tahoe seats are far more comfortable, and even they aeren't near as comfortable as my sport seats in my C5 Vette.

I do like the the Corsa Exhaust, the six speed auto, rainsense, 15 speaker sound, DVD, Aux in Vid. I am going to use one of the govt coupons for a digital tuner, get a small dc/ac converter stick an antenna in the back window and bingo! Digital TV..on the move!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts