Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 ats
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any product to help keep that shale color clean. Man it is a pain, my jeans rub off like crazy. My ATS had caramel, same thing. I clean my seats once a week. I use 3m Leather restorer, works great to clean it off but not for preventing it. The stitching where my jeans rub when i get or out is the worst. I began using Kiwi leather protectant (used on shoes/purses), seems to be holding well. But I really need something a little better. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2008 DTS Lux III
338 Posts
Anybody have any product to help keep that shale color clean. Man it is a pain, my jeans rub off like crazy. My ATS had caramel, same thing. I clean my seats once a week. I use 3m Leather restorer, works great to clean it off but not for preventing it. The stitching where my jeans rub when i get or out is the worst. I began using Kiwi leather protectant (used on shoes/purses), seems to be holding well. But I really need something a little better. Any thoughts?
Change your pants! Seriously, I didn't think this was a common problem. I good leather cleaner, followed by a preserver, used every few months, should be enough to keep your seats looking good for many years. Any dye used in jeans should come off after a few washes, and not present that much of a problem. I'd be more concerned with being careful on the exterior with jeans and belt buckles on the surface. Never sit on the hood of a car with jeans on!

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts
Change your pants! Seriously, I didn't think this was a common problem. I good leather cleaner, followed by a preserver, used every few months, should be enough to keep your seats looking good for many years. Any dye used in jeans should come off after a few washes, and not present that much of a problem. I'd be more concerned with being careful on the exterior with jeans and belt buckles on the surface. Never sit on the hood of a car with jeans on!
Never sit on an aluminum Cadillac hood ( even with no clothes on :canttalk:).

·
Registered
14 ats
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those damn jeans from Banana Republic are loaded with dye. I am seriously about to put a towel down. They DON'T stop bleeding! Wasn't talking about the hood, don't know where that came from.

----------

Never sit on an aluminum Cadillac hood ( even with no clothes on :canttalk:).
LOL this is great advice. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts