Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 V6 3.6L Cadillac CTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put rims that are 5x114.3 on my 2006 cts. It drives okay but it's shaky starting at about 40mph.. is that because of the wrong lug pattern? Is there anything that can be done to avoid bending the studs?

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
You need to use hubcentric rings to center the wheels on the hubs if you are hell-bent on this misadventure. Do a search for the multitude of threads on this subject.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
cool rims..dub shorlines?

ya u need hub rings.. they'll add 0.7mm of space & make for a snug fit.

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
You can avoid bending the studs by putting on wheels with the correct bolt circle dia: 115 mm.

RWO

·
Registered
2018 CTS
1,313 Posts
I just put rims that are 5x114.3 on my 2006 cts. It drives okay but it's shaky starting at about 40mph.. is that because of the wrong lug pattern? Is there anything that can be done to avoid bending the studs?
No worries, the first few days my car did the same. I was supposed to get hubcentric rings but kept putting them off...I will purchase them soon, and yes I k now damage is slowly occuring.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
so0o0o are u trying to tell us how smart u are?

dude, ur risking a lot by not getting off ur :farting: and buyin them...

·
Registered
Cadillac
38 Posts
Yes Sir...Yoou need hub rings to get rid of the vibration on the wheels... This will help your rims center themselves and have a nice smooth cadillac ride....OHHH and make sure you get them balanced!

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Yes Sir...Yoou need hub rings to get rid of the vibration on the wheels... This will help your rims center themselves and have a nice smooth cadillac ride....OHHH and make sure you get them balanced!
yes rings will help but i had to balence mine as well... they were supposed to come balenced but they werent apparently

·
Registered
2006 V6 3.6L Cadillac CTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, so then it will help and I don't have to keep trying to sell my rims? I'm getting kind of scared here because I keep hearing stories of rims flying off! & think everyone is pretty much 50/50 on whether the centering rings help or don't.

Hey I'm new to this forum.. how does everyone have a custom picture of their car as their avatar? :)

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Okay, so then it will help and I don't have to keep trying to sell my rims? I'm getting kind of scared here because I keep hearing stories of rims flying off! & think everyone is pretty much 50/50 on whether the centering rings help or don't.

Hey I'm new to this forum.. how does everyone have a custom picture of their car as their avatar? :)
gotta become a supporting member!

and dont sell them...they wont fly off if the lugs are tight..... but yeah get the rings and balence those rims and you will be fine I garuntee it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
become a supporting memeber.... see my signature-- 16 pennies a day = full month membership.

go w/ the spacers... our fitment is 115, not 114.3, so u want to make it fit as it should...

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts