Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a 04 CTS that feels like it is shaking or like vibrating when im either parked, stopped at a light or a stop sign. Help!!

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >130k miles
565 Posts
Is the transmission in park or are you in drive and holding the brake when it happens? If in park, this suggests an idle problem and/or low oil level. If holding the brake, this sounds like a transmission or torque converter problem; has the ATF and filter ever been changed?

Of course, lots of other possibilities too, but these are relatively simple things to rule out before further diagnosis.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L V6
26 Posts
Also are there any codes, we have an ‘05 that did this and solved it by changing all ignition coils, spark plugs, and injectors. But there were codes pointing to those parts, don’t just change them without diagnosing first so money isn’t thrown away.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,802 Posts
Take it to a repair shop that has a scanner that can do “live mode” for the cylinders. This generation had issues with the ignition coils where they could cause misfires but send no Check Engine Light codes.

Over the 9 years I had my CTS, I had 3 bad coils. Each of them had shaking or vibrations or sputtering. But not one of turned on the CEL. I had to scan it and count the “misfires” in the live mode.

KOT

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
335 Posts
Buy the BlueDriver scanner and learn to use it. About $100 which is probably less than a 1 time diagnosis. At the bottom of the list under mode six is a running count of the misses for each cylinder. I have no interest in the BlueDriver. Just a user who bought it myself and liked it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts