Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought.

I live in the UK, where a RHD Seville was offered. There was never a RHD Eldo, but is it possible to put the RHD dashboard into a LHD Eldorado?

With the adequate work done to the steering etc?

Anything else?

Mainly, is it at all possible?

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
I remember you had an Eldo over there and it must've been LHD, so if it's legal to have LHD why bother?

To actually change out the dash and steering column/box would be a serious PITA, I'd guess it would cost a couple thousand to have done.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
davesdeville said:
I remember you had an Eldo over there and it must've been LHD, so if it's legal to have LHD why bother?

To actually change out the dash and steering column/box would be a serious PITA, I'd guess it would cost a couple thousand to have done.
It was just an idea. It can be awkward overtaking with LHD, and parking and passing is also an issue. Im used to it, i just thought it might be a nice idea. If tis going to be expensive it isnt worth it.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mtflight said:
They have so much in common, that I don't doubt it's possible (pre 1997 seville).
Ah.

Stumbling block one.

The Sevilles were only sold here from 1998 officially, the early ones that are here are LHD imports.

Oh well, was a nice thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts