Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for a family that is interested in donating a 1976 Seville to a museum where it would be displayed to the public. Does anyone here know of any institution or collector that would be interested in displaying this model/year Cadillac? I am told it is in top condition, but I have not seen the car yet. Any information would be very much appreciated.

-Donator

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
Here come the comedians...

Is there something unique about this one? Anniversary edition. Mary Kay? In one sense it seems a shame to take a nice car off the road.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seriously doubt there is anything unique about the car. I also seriously doubt that it is in "mint" condition as they claim it is. However, I've been tasked with figuring out if there is a place for it somewhere, and in an effort to cover my rear, I am more than willing to host the comedians if it supports an answer of, "This car is not museum-worthy."

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
If they are looking for a tax break, there are many non-profit orgs that would appreciate a donation like this.

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
Not sure which museum would display a 76 seville. Nothing real special about the model, year, mileage, equipment, or the amount they built. Unless its an ultra rare (1 of 100-300) maybe its worth it, otherwise its pretty much like any other 30 year old car. Tons of smog equipment, no power, ugly interiors, glad i wasn't around for the 70's.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
How about contacting some children's museums!! You are right, it is not a rare car by any means. If the museum could figure out how to prevent the door from slamming on kids' fingers, it could be an interesting toy.

There is a children's museum in Corpus Christi.

??

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Long shot--one of the children's hospitals. St. Jude's in Memphis. Or one of the Shriner hospitals. The corporate Shriners' office used to be in Tampa.

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
What I did was to donate it to the Auto Technology Program at the local community college. You get the full Kelly Blue Book deduction and help out the local college.

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
What area of the country does the car reside, that would help a bit!

Otherwise I have a non-profit account setup for my high school senior class for reunions and such that you could donate it to! :)

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,052 Posts
If it turns out to really be a low mile mint condition car try Volo Auto Museum. They display everything and sell also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts