Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Seville SLS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post, but anyways, does anyone know what the part number would be for just the resonator/center muffler for the 98-04 Seville Corsa exhaust system? if they even sell it separately. I found a deal on just the rear y with mufflers and tips and can bend my own center pipe for it as long as I can get the resonator. Or does anyone here have that system with the resonator replaced with straight pipe? How does it sound?

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
It's sold as a complete kit only.

Corsa puts emphasis on eliminating drone. Without the resonator, or with a different one, odds are there would be at least some.

·
Registered
1999 Seville SLS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what I was afraid of, chances are probably slim of me finding someone selling just that part of the system

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,751 Posts
As a long-time CORSA owner/driver, -------------- Install the whole system. Don't second-guess the designer/manufacturer.

Yes, you're driving a 1999 SLS: You gotta pay to play. (Cold, hard, Cadillac fact.)

·
Registered
1999 Seville SLS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh I know it, I just finished head studding and resealing my block, just figured id see what I could find first since I can bend the center pipe myself

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (Diamond White on Medici Red, Z-rated)
103 Posts
I truly wish they had a system available for the previous 92-97 platform. Is a retrofit possible by any means?

·
The Last Good Gremlin
06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)
2,654 Posts
My first post, but anyways, does anyone know what the part number would be for just the resonator/center muffler for the 98-04 Seville Corsa exhaust system? if they even sell it separately. I found a deal on just the rear y with mufflers and tips and can bend my own center pipe for it as long as I can get the resonator. Or does anyone here have that system with the resonator replaced with straight pipe? How does it sound?
As MoistCabbage said, it's sold as a complete system; and is now no longer available. Also no longer available is what I put on my Eldo: Custom cat-back, no center resonator, Corsa dB Series Black mufflers.

It has a distinctive, yet quiet rumble at idle and cruising, but WOT is deep and loud as hell! And this is the Black (touring) option. I have a matching set of the Red (sport) still in boxes that supposed to be deeper and louder throughout the RPM range, but users here convinced me to leave the car the way it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts