Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
Cool! Love to hear the N* Growl! the only thing that would have been better is if the Jag would have flipped into a dumpster...where it belongs!

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
The big difference that leaped at me was that Steve McQueen could really drive and was a very successful sports car car racer. In Bullitt, he didn't over drive the car and there was none of that Hollywood style tail wagging and power slides. His driving was very solid and smooth and reminded me of Mark Donahue. The other car in the case was also professionally driven by somebody that knew what he was doing. Bullitt was more a professionally driven car race and the clip is a Hollywood stunt film.

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
The big difference that leaped at me was that Steve McQueen could really drive and was a very successful sports car car racer. In Bullitt, he didn't over drive the car and there was none of that Hollywood style tail wagging and power slides. His driving was very solid and smooth and reminded me of Mark Donahue. The other car in the case was also professionally driven by somebody that knew what he was doing. Bullitt was more a professionally driven car race and the clip is a Hollywood stunt film.
I agree! I just saw Bullit last week! The thing that stood out though that I never noticed before was that the "Stang" was a "one wheel wonder" Steve did a burn out and only one track was laid!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Oh man, one of "those" XJ's.....ewwwww.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just bought the movie
tad less than 10 bucks shipped through bestbuy.com
i figured with a chase seen like that i gotta see it

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
That's my normal commute to work. This old Jaguar came out of nowhere last Thursday, trying to race or something. Old XJs like that aren't common in Fayetteville, so it was surprising. I'm glad someone caught it on film, though. I didn't know they were shooting at me, for all the noise from my cold air intake! I guess that does explain the broken rear glass. I just figured it was some kids with a brick. People always talk about Northstars having carbon buildup, but I've never had that problem. ?? Is it normal to get 8 MPG city, because that's all I've been seeing lately, and I'm not real happy about it. Maybe if I use premium fuel, I'll get better MPG?

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Haha awesome find.

I think his Service Stability Sys light came on there at the end :hmm:

It was probably "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" -- you know they went through about 10 sets of RSS shocks filming that scene.

·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
I'm in agreement: "Nice find."
----------------------------
I know I have seen that guy driving Cadillac's in movies before. Always a Seville STS.
Jadcock, LMFAO. I'm quite surprised that you're getting 8 MPG like that.

My Jag, now totaled (thanks to you), only got about 3 MPG during that session. The reason I used the Jag is so you wouldn't recognize me in the STS. I was mad at you for one of those comments you made on here a month or so ago. ;) At least your tail lights didn't get shot out. How are those tires; still holding air?

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
I am getting 14 MPG by pushing the car hard .

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond STS
218 Posts
I dunno about other areas, but I just noticed on my cable (Brighthouse Networks), Get Carter is now on HBO on Demand.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok so the movie came in yesterday
GREAT MOVIE
theres also a chase seen at night almost as good as the STS scene with a late 80's Brougham and a Volvo lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts