Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 cts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Cadillac CTS and I am having problems with the idle control. In the morning I am experiencing rough idle and on the first attempt to turn the car on it cuts off. After the second attempt though it cranks but the idle is high for a few seconds then it returns to normal. I have noticed that the car is also runninng a little rough. i took the car to a mechanic and he scanned it but he couldn't find anything. He asked me to bring it back in for a smoke test? Can you please help me with this issue so that I can have a better understanding of whats going on.

·
Registered
2003 cts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
? CPS, I really do not know wht that stands for. I have just under 60k miles on my vehicle and I just have done the basic routine oil changes/tire rotation.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
try cleaning your throttle body out...or even try using some SeaFoam and running it thru your system both in the gas tank and oil...i would also consider doing it thru a vacuum line as well...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Might be a good idea to replace the camshaft position sensor, specially if you're experiencing abnormal [long] cranking before engine start-up/idle. Codes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts