Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2005 CTS
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:Changed battery yesterday now car starts on a dime...now ironically, I'm having the issue where T/C, theft lights on dash are on, temp and gas gauges are flat and don't move, key won't come out (did the keyhole thing and fixed that) and readings on DIC are "--:--". I read on a couple post a few hours ago that consistently point to the ECM going bad or something like that, but I find it ironic that it went the same time I changed my battery. Removed and reattached terminals about 10 times already, all with same result. Any thoughts or step by step process I can take? Maybe something I could be missing? 40,000 miles on an 05 CTS. THX a million...

· Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans
39 Posts
doesn't an 05 with only 40k on the clock still have a warranty? You should be able to bring it in to your local dealership. I was under the impression Caddillacs have a 50k warranty.

· Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans
39 Posts
Copied directly from SI:
"New Vehicle Limited Warranty
Bumper-to-Bumper (Includes Tires)

• Coverage is for the first 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Sheet Metal

• Corrosion coverage is for the first 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.
• Rust-through coverage is for the first 6 years, unlimited mileage."

So depending on when you took delivery, you might still be under warranty. If it's out by time, you might be able to get your local dealership to goodwill for you.

------------------------

On a side note, the only special procedure that needs to be followed after replacing the battery is to be followed IF there is an issue, but not mandatory unless there is.

# Power windows calibration:
2.1. Repeat these steps for each window.
2.2. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
2.3. Press the power window switch to the down position. After the window is in the full down position, press and hold the switch in the down position for 3 seconds.
2.4. Press the power window switch to the up position. After the window is in the full up position, press and hold the switch in the up position for 3 seconds.

The other one I found was if you lose On-Star communication:

After completing ALL repairs to the vehicle, you must perform the following procedure:

1. Move the vehicle into an open area of the service lot.
2. Sit in the vehicle with the engine running and the radio turned on for five minutes.
3. Press the OnStar® button in the vehicle.
4. When the OnStar® advisor answers, ask the advisor to verify the current location of the vehicle.

· Registered
2005 CTS
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:duck:ECM was the culprit, and of course, it was dual covered by extended warranty and clean air act. Cadillac replaced and the smile has returned to my face. Dealer said battery drain and jumping must have caused the issue...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.