Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely, rarely street race (I've had about four so far this year, maybe.) But I'm setting up a race with a friend of mine. I've got a 1998 Cadillac EldoradoETC. Basically stock but I just snuck a K&N filter in it. He has a stock 2001 CL. It's got a type-S badge on it but he says it has the regular non-type S engine under the hood. I don't know much about these Acuras. I know it isn't as powerful, but I also know it isn't as heavy. Any thoughts, hints, or ideas on who will win? He claims he's going to smoke me and I'm keeping my mouth shut - I don't want to stick my foot in it.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
If yoru car is running properly then you should beat him. They are only low 15 high 14 second cars in stock trim

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GOTTSPD said:
check the wheels and seats and shifter to see if its really a type S.
He told me it is isn't a type-S, the previous owner just stuck the badge on, it's got a base CL engine underneath.

225 HP, 216 TQ.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Even if it is a Type S its not a huge difference in performance.
2002 Acura 3.2CL Type S
0-60 mph: 6.8 sec.
1/4: 15.0 sec.
(Same car as a 2001 but couldn't find any numbers for a 2001 so I'm 99.9% sure these numbers are the same)

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
The Caddy should beat the 3.2 CL, but it'll be close

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
Hi.

I don't have any experience with Northstar engines. I have a CTS-V with the LS6 and my NSX has the handbuilt 3.0 liter. The 3.2 liter 260HP in the Type S is great. Its geared very, very well. Feels very quick off the line.

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
Thanks! Hard work and a bit of good fortune help an awful lot.

I love cars! I wanted a NSX from the moment I first saw one, so I made a deal with my wife about buying one when we reached a certain financial milestone. I just got the CTS-V. Its a lot of fun. My wife drives the Saab.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
I have been a huge fan of the NSX ever since it has come out. What kind of NSX do you have? I wouldn't mind a NSX Alex Zanardi edition :D

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
here's a pic of mine. the AZ package adds some fun stuff. I have the AZ floor mats, custom leather on the seats (black perforated with red stitching) and polished rims. I did some brake upgrades after my last HPDE event, but otherwise, its stock. no plans to do any engine/performance mods.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Gottspeed, I just nutted myself. I'm sending YOU the cleaning bill! Lol, seriously though that is a STUNNING car. What year is it, it doesn't look like a -T. I had the pleasure of driving my friend's 9-5 and I have to say it gave me a new respect for Saabs. GREAT ride and extremely forgiving handling, especially for a FWD car, it let's you know exactly where it's limits are when you go into a corner.

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
THANKS!!!

Its a '92. It's pretty much in pristine condition. Never comes out in the rain or wet road conditions.

My wife's 9'5 Aero is great. HK 9 speaker stereo. Has about 250HP from a HO turbo 4. It runs very well. Hers has BBS RKII's on it, which look great when they are clean, but are a PITA to keep clean. I like it a lot. We have a new baby, so hopefully we can keep it looking relatively good.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Nice looking NSX :worship: But you haven't toyed with the idea of throwing a turbo on that bad boy? After seeing some turbo'd NSX's that would be the first thing I would be doing to mine because those cars love the F/I!!

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
Putting a turbo in a NSX is BIG $$$$. To do it right, you're looking at $30K and there's much, much, much better ways to spend that kinda money. I make all decisions relating to significant financial expenditures with a couple of thoughts in mind, in particular, what's the cost/benefit analysis? and what's the return on the investment/expenditure? In this case, installing FI on any car (the V or the NSX) doesn't make sense to me. I find each car to be plenty fast. I track the NSX from time to time, but I don't need it to be faster. I don't drag race and have no plans to ever do so, so I really don't need it to be faster. Though I do recognize it'd be fun for it be turbo'd, it's not worth it. This becomes especially true when you look at the ROI. Putting that kind of coin into a car is an absolute sunk cost. You'll be looking to get 10 to 20 cents on the dollar for the investment. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Anyway, if you haven't been for a ride in an NSX, I think you'd be surprised how fast they are in stock form. . .

That being said, if someone offered me a turbo installed for free, I'd take it. :)

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
GOTTSPD said:
Putting a turbo in a NSX is BIG $$$$. To do it right, you're looking at $30K and there's much, much, much better ways to spend that kinda money. I make all decisions relating to significant financial expenditures with a couple of thoughts in mind, in particular, what's the cost/benefit analysis? and what's the return on the investment/expenditure? In this case, installing FI on any car (the V or the NSX) doesn't make sense to me. I find each car to be plenty fast. I track the NSX from time to time, but I don't need it to be faster. I don't drag race and have no plans to ever do so, so I really don't need it to be faster. Though I do recognize it'd be fun for it be turbo'd, it's not worth it. This becomes especially true when you look at the ROI. Putting that kind of coin into a car is an absolute sunk cost. You'll be looking to get 10 to 20 cents on the dollar for the investment. That doesn't make any sense to me.
Anyway, if you haven't been for a ride in an NSX, I think you'd be surprised how fast they are in stock form. . .
That being said, if someone offered me a turbo installed for free, I'd take it. :)
Very well said :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts