Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Cadillac Deville, 1997 Cadillac Seville STS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i'm confused, i thought in order for the SES light to be on there had to be a CURRENT code causing it right?

Last night i was taking the wife to get some ice cream, i came to a stop, then turned. I may have taken the turn a little tight and fast cuz my TC kicked in (i didn't think i hit the gas that hard). Anyways maybe a half mile after that i see my SES light pop on.

So i start to pull the codes while i'm cursing down the road expecting to see a code about my O2 sensor that had given me trouble over the cold ass winter, but had stopped once the weather let up a little.

The only thing i see are history codes, and not even one for the O2 sensor. So i figure maybe the car needs to be cycled. I get home switch her off, wait a few, then start it back up. SES light is still on but all codes are still history.

This morning on my way to work, SES light still on but all codes are still history.

wtf???

I have yet to test TC to make sure it's still working correctly but even if that was the issue it would throw a code.

Void4ever

·
Registered
1969 Cadillac Deville, 1997 Cadillac Seville STS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went to DQ for some blizzards :p

No i didn't clear the codes yet, but i just went out to get lunch and geee guess what my SES light was off...... (i know i know after so many successful starts they clear out). So one of the history codes is the culprit. Like i said 1 of my O2 sensors was giving me fits over the winter, but it's been months since that code showed back up, and it's not in the history currently.

I'll clear the codes right before i leave work tonight and keep an eye on it. Sorry to waste everyones time. :crying2:

Void4ever

1 - 3 of 3 Posts