Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm posting this here as a general question as it would seem to apply to all models other than just an SRX. I'm hoping to get some ideas as to what is causing the problem and the fix. 2004 AWD N* SRX.

The issue I'm getting is when going over a hump in the road such as a railway track I get the 'Service Vehicle Soon' on the DIC. It only happens if I'm doing 70 to 80 kph, under that it does not happen. Shocks are new and seem to be working fine (regular shocks), all fluids are at level, brakes were serviced two years ago and are working fine, vehicle runs well, no ABS/Traction/Stability codes, no other codes other than an EVAP and CAT below efficiency.

·
Super Moderator
86,143 Posts
no other codes other than an EVAP and CAT below efficiency.
Both of those codes would trip the SES light. Obviously, one of those systems is being adversely affected by vibrations. Bang on the CAT and listen for any rattling inside. Check all the EVAP connections.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both of those codes would trip the SES light. Obviously, one of those systems is being adversely affected by vibrations. Bang on the CAT and listen for any rattling inside. Check all the EVAP connections.
The notice comes up from more than just a bad vibration...the car has to be going over a significant quick rise and drop such as a bridge join or railway track at 80 kph +. I can go over rough tracks without that rise and drop and the notice does not come on. I had a motor mount replaced last year at which time the other one appeared fine. I'm wondering if the notice could be caused by a loose or shot motor mount?

Yes, I get the 'check gas cap' notice P 0455 large leak and P 0420 bank 1 cat below efficiency that keeps throwing the CEL. No gov. checks here, so I just keep clearing them. I asked my mechanic if the cat had the sound of anything loose in it, and he said the didn't think so (I'll get it checked again), he also thinks the evap code is for the vent valve as I have had the purge solenoid fixed, gas cap replaced two times, and a smoke test did not show anything, but then I think it might not if it's the vent valve. Speaking of vent valve, I have no trouble gassing up.

·
Registered
792 Posts
With a Service Vehicle Soon Light, it may be related to wheel bearings/ speed sensor. Possibly being shaken up on occasion and then self correcting. You may want to check that.

Since we have these fancy CUE systems, I wonder why the actual codes do not show up. Why would we have to get a diagnostic tool to read a code?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is a 2004, no Cue. I get no ABS codes, but I'll get my mechanic to check out the hubs.

Any other ideas...anyone!

·
Registered
792 Posts
The SES light will only illuminate for emissions related components. A wheel speed sensor will only illuminate the ABS light.
You are correct, that the SES light comes on for emission related items.

My cars also have a "Service Vehicle Soon" light. You may be fortunate that it may never has come on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts