Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury Crystal White
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Had a service transmission message and took it to the dealer. It got error code P07E4. They reprogrammed the “Serial data gateway module”. I did find a service bulletin on this I attached. Now 2 days later I see service transmission again one time on start up and not since. Anyone have this issue?

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Premium Luxury
46 Posts
See this thread where I described a problem I had that involved the same fix: Check engine light . I believe the transmission control module misalignment in my case happened when I drove several miles on a very rough gravel road the day before. The XT5 20 inch tires aren't meant for a soft ride on rough surfaces!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See this thread where I described a problem I had that involved the same fix: Check engine light . I believe the transmission control module misalignment in my case happened when I drove several miles on a very rough gravel road the day before. The XT5 20 inch tires aren't meant for a soft ride on rough surfaces!
So did you go back again or if the message is off do I assume it’s ok?

·
Registered
2020 XT5, AWD Platinum, Garnet Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
2,107 Posts
If your 2017 is still under warranty, I would take it to the dealer as soon as possible.
Codes are stored in history and you had the code after they updated the modules. If you wait and your warranty lapses, you may be stuck with paying if it happens again.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very true. I did get it CPO so I have a longer warranty but don’t want to wait and damage something. I just wanted to be sure it wasn’t the transmission itself or if the message would continue to display it there was a problem.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Even with a longer warranty for coverage, your dealer is now of the opinion they fixed it. Only you knows the message came back. Best to take it back in before it gets worse and you are stranded.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you guys know what those codes mean? I’m not familiar at all with this electronic transmission I just don’t know when it actually means the transmission itself is blowing up. I do have an apt this week I just hope it’s ok to drive

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So this continues to be a problem. The dealer replaced a thermostat, realigned the transmission control module, replaced the electric shifter. Any other ideas why this service transmission message continues to come on? On Star gets no error when I call in. The transmission isn’t slipping etc. no leaks I just don’t know it’s been almost 2 months. My dealer is trying but it seems a week or 2 after service the light randomly comes on.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Here is more information about your issue:

Perhaps you can print the techlink article and take it to your dealer for a discussion about the procedure described. It sounds as if they did this, but it won't hurt to talk with them further about it. Perhaps they need to replace the Transmission Range Control Module, or if they are still at a loss, ask if they can escalate the issue with the Cadillac Technical Assistance.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is more information about your issue:

Perhaps you can print the techlink article and take it to your dealer for a discussion about the procedure described. It sounds as if they did this, but it won't hurt to talk with them further about it. Perhaps they need to replace the Transmission Range Control Module, or if they are still at a loss, ask if they can escalate the issue with the Cadillac Technical Assistance.
Thanks so much! They did do the alignment in that bulletin and it still continues - also the message never come on again until it’s fixed. I kinda wish I never purchased a first year model. I have cpo kicking in will this continue to be covered under that?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I do not know what the CPO warranty covers. However, you brought this to their attention during the Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty period and that should cover you for the repairs beyond that Warranty period for this issue.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do not know what the CPO warranty covers. However, you brought this to their attention during the Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty period and that should cover you for the repairs beyond that Warranty period for this issue.
I did not know that! So if a problem persists beyond warranty the fix it ? Also I don’t think I’m protected but this is the 5th time in for the same problem. Had it been new I could go lemon law any protection cpo?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Do you guys know what those codes mean? I’m not familiar at all with this electronic transmission I just don’t know when it actually means the transmission itself is blowing up. I do have an apt this week I just hope it’s ok to drive
A few notes from AllDataDIY:

P07E4: Unable to Engage Park
The actual transmission range does not equal Park within 1 s of commanding Park.
Note: DTC P07E4 could set on conditions when battery voltage is low or battery voltage is high. This may not indicate an issue in the Electronic Transmission Range Selector system but may be a result of a low battery condition. Battery voltage DTCs should be resolved prior to resolving DTC P07E4.

Check for updated software in K173 Transmission Range Control Module.

Assuming the dealer performed the replacement of the Transmission Range Control Module properly, the relearn for the TRCM would have been followed. The linkage from the TRCM to the transmission should also be checked for excessive play and adjustment.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A few notes from AllDataDIY:

P07E4: Unable to Engage Park
The actual transmission range does not equal Park within 1 s of commanding Park.
Note: DTC P07E4 could set on conditions when battery voltage is low or battery voltage is high. This may not indicate an issue in the Electronic Transmission Range Selector system but may be a result of a low battery condition. Battery voltage DTCs should be resolved prior to resolving DTC P07E4.

Check for updated software in K173 Transmission Range Control Module.

Assuming the dealer performed the replacement of the Transmission Range Control Module properly, the relearn for the TRCM would have been followed. The linkage from the TRCM to the transmission should also be checked for excessive play and adjustment.
Hi I know they realigned it per the service bulletin but don’t think they replaced. The light doesn’t come on anymore- does that mean it’s resolved

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
If the message has not been displayed since your last visit to the dealer, you can only assume it may have been fixed. If you get the same or any other indicators in the future, visit the dealer as soon as you can so they can scan for codes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi I know they realigned it per the service bulletin but don’t think they replaced. The light doesn’t come on anymore- does that mean it’s resolved
If the message has not been displayed since your last visit to the dealer, you can only assume it may have been fixed. If you get the same or any other indicators in the future, visit the dealer as soon as you can so they can scan for codes.
Hi
You’re always here for an answer you’re awesome! The light came on once since service but not again. I don’t understand

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Thank you for the compliment. Just trying to help you get your XT5 operating properly.

What was the "light" you saw since the adjustment? It may be related to the transmission range selector, or something else that needs attention.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you for the compliment. Just trying to help you get your XT5 operating properly.

What was the "light" you saw since the adjustment? It may be related to the transmission range selector, or something else that needs attention.
No light just a service transmission once in the DIC has not come back since

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.