Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help, i have put so much in my 2007 escalade in the past 3 months and it seems everytime i fix one thing something else comes up. in Jan i had to replace theBCM, everthing was fine for a month or so then one day i stopped at a stop sign and my truck would not move it was like it was in nuetral, then the check engine light came on, i had it towed to the dealer the diagnosed it and they said this time it was the TCM. I took it to another mechanic and had it replaced then it was took back to the dealer to be programmed. after a week the light came back on doing the same thing this time it was saying the check balls, they were all replaced with the steel balls, i just got my truck out on friday and now the service Traction control/service stabilitrac lights keep comming on. The check engine light has not came back on at least. the service Traction control/service stabilitrac will come on while i am driving and when i park for a while and go to leave again its off but it all ways comes back on ;(... this truck in driving me nuts. any ideas why the service Traction control/service stabilitrac started now???

Thanks, Tina

·
Registered
2015 Escalade and 2018 CTS-V
320 Posts
When it rains, it pours. Sorry to hear about these issues, MsTina. Service traction control could be a number of things, such as ABS brake system, airbags, axles, etc... Traction control issues do not trigger a check engine light. I would start by checking the front axle boots to see if they busted open. You'll see oil spots sprayed around them. That's what happened to mine recently. These suspension issues are usually easily diagnosed with mere observations once on a lift.

·
Registered
2007 escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the dealer put L/F Hub Bearing/ Loose on the dianostic sheet when i put it in for the TCM.. do you think that could cause this issue. I was just thinking to much of a coincidence that that light waited to come on until after we repaired the other :(

----------

took it in and it does not pull any codes :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been having the Service traction contral issue with mine for 4 years. Dealership has replaced cam shaft sensor, ecm,ecu,tcm and it just seems to keep coming back. However with mine the check engine light will come on after it. For a while I put a thicker oil and some lucas with oil changes and it seemed to go away for a while but I don't know if that was due to also having other parts replaced at the same time. I had to take my truck in today for a safety inspection mandatory here in germany to get perm plates and they found that my right upper control arm is bad. I ordered the part from rock auto and will be here in a week or so. Hopefully if this is causing the issue it will stop. I will post again after its complete and driven for a while.

·
Registered
2007 escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, that will be great :) I have replaced so much stuff all ready i am just tired of throwing money in it, and it not taking care of the issue

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
My hubby had an 07 Yukon Denali XL and it had the service traction control/ stabilitrack light on for years. The mechanic said that whatever was causing this was not a necessity to fix.

After 7 years we finally found the solution: we replaced the truck with a 2013 Platinum ESV and it completely solved the problem?

LOL, the 07 Denali was a good truck and served us well with over 400 000km and the service traction control/stabilitrack light was no bother. Take a breather on the repairs and fix it later!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
Mine said the same thing !!!!!! And it would turn off and on sometimes and it would tell me to service stabilitrack and one day I took it in for a trans oil change and engine oil change and it never came back up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts