Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Escalade ESV
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, about a year ago I had our ESV start acting all crazy with the speedo jumping around and other lights/alarms going off and my local indy shop traced it back to the suspension control module. At the time they were on back order so I had them just unplug it and we drove it without. It has the magnaride shocks so it drove like an old car with bad shocks bouncing around.

The module finnaly came in and the local Chevrolet Dealer programmed it for me but less than a week later now the "Service Suspension" message is coming on. The truck isn't wallowing as much as it was with the module unplugged but you can feel that it's not right.

The air compressor is working and the message only comes on after we drive for a little bit. I have an older code reader but I am getting nothing even when the message is on.

Does anyone know if those codes are only read by a specific reader??

I'm tired of messing with this issue, so should I take it to Cadillac and be done with it?

If you had a similar problem what was the issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
667 Posts
From what I understand, service suspension is typically either the level sensors or the front shocks.

I think you'll need a Tech2 scanner to diagnose that code.. the front shocks are around $250 each on Amazon.. probably $450+ at the dealership.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Escalade ESV
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced the shocks last year and got them off of Amazon. That was another $1,500 job that I did myself for $500.

I'll check out that scan tool. The local Chevy dealer that did the programming for the module said they would pull the code for me for free on Friday.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV, 2018 Escalade
810 Posts
The MX+ is a great reader. Shows suspension, airbag, everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts