Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:annoyed: Should I care?? It goes out, then comes back on...Also, I cannot find anyone to lube my chassis, as I don't (as in can't afford) want to take it to a dealer...Any chance these two issues are related??

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
korpies said:
:annoyed: Should I care?? It goes out, then comes back on...Also, I cannot find anyone to lube my chassis, as I don't (as in can't afford) want to take it to a dealer...Any chance these two issues are related??
Click the link below and you'll learn how to check the codes. Write them all down and post them here and we can tell you what's going on.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53635

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, at least I now know how to get codes, clear codes, and I certainly appreciate that!!

So here they are: C1252, 1255, and 1298...B3108 and 1141...C1780 and 1783...and some U's - 1014 1255 1301 1064 and 1128...Also P0404 and P0603....

I looked up what they all mean, and I have no idea what PCM or DIM stand for...some of them make sense to me though...although I have no idea what to do about them..

Any help would be appreciated....

·
1,164 Posts
korpies said:
Well, at least I now know how to get codes, clear codes, and I certainly appreciate that!!

So here they are: C1252, 1255, and 1298...B3108 and 1141...C1780 and 1783...and some U's - 1014 1255 1301 1064 and 1128...Also P0404 and P0603....

I looked up what they all mean, and I have no idea what PCM or DIM stand for...some of them make sense to me though...although I have no idea what to do about them..

C1252 - Left Front Normal Force Malfunction
C1255 - EBCM Internal Malfunction
C1298 - PCM Class 2 Serial Data Link Malfunction
B3108 - Transmitter Synchronization Failure
B1141 - Driver Pretensioner Loop Resistance High
C1780 - Loss of Steering Position Signal
C1783 - ICCS2 DL Left Output Short Circuit to GND
P0404 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Open Position Performance
P0603 - Control Module Long Term Memory Reset

Looks like there are a few issues to contend with. I don't know anything about diagnosing suspension system issues, but I would say about 3 to 5 of those codes are suspension electronics issues. The only one I can help you with is the P0404, which means you should clean the EGR valve and passages or clean the passages and replace the valve. You can read about how to clean it here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59077

Hopefully someone else will chime in here with ideas about the other issues, and if I was you, I would post this information in the Suspension and Electrical forums to see if any experts in there can help you further.

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
687 Posts
Do you recall what codes said history or current? Looked at past post and realized your driving a 98STS. Service suspension could be one of the 4 sensors that mount from the frame to lower a-arm. Very easy to fix. Not sure what the code would be because my dealer told me which was bad. I then used gmpartsdirect and got the sensor. Very cheap!

MacK

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mackinback replied to me this way:
Service suspension could be one of the 4 sensors that mount from the frame to lower a-arm. Very easy to fix. Not sure what the code would be because my dealer told me which was bad. I then used gmpartsdirect and got the sensor. Very cheap!

Are u saying that to fix the problem, change the sensor? Gee, that makes no sense at all, I thought the sensor was supposed to help identify what the problem was!! I do believe there is something wrong on the left front of my car, as I can 'feel' something sometimes when turning to the right...Or, r u saying that this sensor is used to direct some sort of steering action?? Very confusing..

·
1,164 Posts
korpies said:
I thought the sensor was supposed to help identify what the problem was!!
No, the sensor tells the computer what the wheel height is for each wheel. That helps it decide how to set the dampening rates and auto leveling adjustments. If a sensor is bad, the computer will give you a code for a sensor, but those ride height position sensors are one thing you are not getting a code for. There are multiple issues, steering sensor, EBCM module, and a couple I have no idea what they mean. We need to know which of the codes are Current and which are History. You might have to check the codes with the engine running, preferably after a highway drive, to get an accurate picture of which are happening now and which are old. If that doesn't help us determine what's going on, it might be time for a dealership analysis. I'd never tell you to go to the dealership for anything, but this one is kind of a stumper. Hopefully an expert will jump in here to help you further, but an expert will need to know whether those codes are Current or History too.

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
korpies said:

lets see...

C1252--- Left front accelerometer problem.... normally you wouldn't see this unless it was left detached and upside down or something like that. It's a little black box attached to the back of each strut tower.

C1255--- You should replace the EBCM because it has an internal problem.

C1298--- This one should have come up with a three letter prefix for what module it was that was having trouble communicating to the PCM. My guess would be either ABS or TCS because of thier module problem, but look for the prefix to be sure.

B3108--- RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) didn't recognise your remotes signal for a second.

B1141--- I honestly have no idea.

C1780--- Either the wire to the steering wheel position sensor became disconnected, or the sensor went bad.

C1738--- Integrated Chassis Control System 2... I'm sorry but that's all I know about that code...

P0404--- Clean your EGR valve or get a new one like mcowden said.

P0603--- This just means that the battery was either disconnected recently or it died recently, which caused the PCM to reset.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts