Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is Kim. I recently purchased a 2000 Deville DTS. I had to service it last week (replaced water-cooled alternator at 58,000 miles), and when the mechanic (not a dealer) brought it down off the rack, the message center said to service the suspension system. The mechanic used a scanner, but couldn't find any codes. He thought it might be a sensor that needed to be reset. I can't tell any difference in the ride. Any ideas anybody?

·
Registered
520 Posts
kolstroem said:
Hi, My name is Kim. I recently purchased a 2000 Deville DTS. I had to service it last week (replaced water-cooled alternator at 58,000 miles), and when the mechanic (not a dealer) brought it down off the rack, the message center said to service the suspension system. The mechanic used a scanner, but couldn't find any codes. He thought it might be a sensor that needed to be reset. I can't tell any difference in the ride. Any ideas anybody?
I'm going to take a wild guess at this, maybe someone knows from experience. If they used the rack that grabs the frame, rather than the ramp type, your wheels would have been dangling kind of a bunch for quite a while. It's like hyper-extending your knee or elbow. The sensors may have read that position when the ignition was turned on . If it were me, I'd clear the codes and see how it goes.
Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
bob2231