Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillaic CTS 3.6L
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, need some help here.

My 2005 3.6L CTS luxury+sport (117K miles) recently started to show a message "serve stability system" on the message center. No CLE light is on. I can press control to clear the message and everything looks normal. The message often shows up when I slow down to make a stop at a traffic light. Any idea what is happening with my CTS?

Additional information:

1. My CTS shakes a bit at idle when AC is on. If I turn off the AC, there is no shaking anymore.
2. Just replaced the 6 spark plugs last summer. Seems to be working great.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts
Re: Serve stability system

With the Service Stability System message present get the diagnostic codes scanned with a scanner capable of reading Chasis (C) codes, those won't set a CEL, only Powertrain (P) codes will do that. Come back with that code and we can be much more helpful.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillaic CTS 3.6L
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the Service Stability System message present get the diagnostic codes scanned with a scanner capable of reading Chasis (C) codes, those won't set a CEL, only Powertrain (P) codes will do that. Come back with that code and we can be much more helpful.
Thanks!

There is no code stored at ECU from obd reader. So, i nwed a different scanner?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,803 Posts
You'll need a scanner that can read Chassis and or Body computers. The price tag on those types of scanners are normally $150 and up.

Anything below that will 99.99% be just for the Powertrain computers.

KOT

·
Registered
2005 Cadillaic CTS 3.6L
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, KOT!
Is OBD II, CAN & ABS Scan Tool good enough? Could you recommend one?

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts
Try an auto parts chain, some stores have scanners capable of reading these codes, they'll do it for free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts