Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Consider me in the lucky group who has the Service Stability System light constantly on in my message center (8 or 9 months now). I have searched the forum and found many posts related to this. My ABS light is NOT on. One of the codes that is thrown is C0205.

I replaced the Steering Wheel Position Sensor and had all my codes reset. That didnt fix it. Upon further investigation from the GM diagnostic tool, my steering wheel position sensor is not getting any voltage when the wheel is turning (my friend said this is not right... should be receiving some when wheel is being turned)

So that led me to another thing people often mention... the ground on the frame under the driver door. I crawled under with my Dremel and got the frame and washer down to bare metal. Disconnected the battery for 20 minutes and the light is still on. I didnt reset the codes with the diagnostic tool yet, was going to try that later tonight

I heard there is a ground under the battery tray which is often a problem - but everything I read said this is only a problem with the ABS light is on (mine isnt). Same with the ECBM under the driver seat... that seems to only be an issue when the ABS light is on.

Does anyone have any other suggestions I can try? I have had both front wheel bearings replaced in the past 12 months and I also ditched the rear air shocks and compression and replaced them with the Arnott C-2666 kit which has an electric module that overrides the error code that happens when the rear compressor fails.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I believe there were some other codes as well, but I will start with that.

Are you thinking the sensor is bad and needs to be replaced? Not plugged in?
Would that be causing no voltage to make it to my steering wheel position sensor?
Any chance you would have a pic as to where that is located?

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
The wheel speed sensors are built into the front wheel hubs

They can be replaced separately but it still requires you to remove the hub assembly to get to them

It's possible it's disabling the system but not sure
I will check my service manual and see how the power gets to the sensors

1 - 4 of 4 Posts