Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
04 V Raven
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the car and got the "service stability system". TC and ABS lights went on turned the car off and back on everything looked ok. Now only the TC will go on nothing else. The G meter is reading normal. I did get my brakes to lock up on a drive. I did a search but nothing that was like this. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2006 Blacked Out CTS-V
176 Posts
I am having the same thing. But I just turn the key off then back on and it goes away. Kinda does it when it's cold.

·
Registered
04 V Raven
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am having the same thing. But I just turn the key off then back on and it goes away. Kinda does it when it's cold.
Tried this a few times but no changes.

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Damn Gremlins.

Mine does this from time to time. (More so when it's cold as well) Do you have an aftermarket exhaust?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
If you have a 'friend' with a Tech 2 I believe there's a good ABS diagnostic test that will tell you if it's one of the sensors (steering, wheels or yaw). If you're under warranty you should be taking to the dealer nonetheless. I don't think there's an easy way to diagnose this. Takes 10 mins with the tool plugged in.

·
Registered
04 V Raven
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn Gremlins.

Mine does this from time to time. (More so when it's cold as well) Do you have an aftermarket exhaust?
Yep. It is warming up outside so keeping my fingers crossed.

No warranty but I will go to the dealer. Mine has been decent to me.

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Yep you have aftermarket exhaust?

I ask cuz there's a sensor behind the center console (Heavy know which one) and it seems to make it go off due to the extra rumble of the exhaust. Maybe that can be replaced or something?

Yes the one under the steering wheel has been known to cause this as well, but Heavy posted a pic of the one behind the console.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Yep you have aftermarket exhaust?

I ask cuz there's a sensor behind the center console (Heavy know which one) and it seems to make it go off due to the extra rumble of the exhaust. Maybe that can be replaced or something?

Yes the one under the steering wheel has been known to cause this as well, but Heavy posted a pic of the one behind the console.
That's the yaw sensor isn't it?

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
It is the yaw sensor and duck soup to replace.

I reinstalled my "X" pipe :thumbsup: and with the added noise/rumble the new sensor hasn't acted up yet.

My problem is that the Stabilitrack would intermittantly kick in and jerk the wheel :suspense: even when going in a straight line at any speed! (without the X pipe).

The final nails were the "G" meter reading a 1.01 (I don't drive the car that hard) and the TECHII funny readings coming out of the yaw sensor when it was queried.

Wasn't fixed under warranty though.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
the winter weather destroyed the speed sensors in two of my 4 wheels over this winter.... winter is hard on em I guess... so unless you got Heavy's gremlins... since the ABS and speed sensors are in that hub.... I'd put my money on the hub...

·
Registered
04 V Raven
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She goes to the dealer on Monday. $99 just for the diagnostic.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
the winter weather destroyed the speed sensors in two of my 4 wheels over this winter.... winter is hard on em I guess...
how exactly?

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
the salt, the corrosion, the extreme temp changes from being frozen to 600 degrees. I'm not entirely sure. As soon as winter driving hit they started going one at a time. I think I have a third one on the fritz... but it is tempermental... now that it has warmed up a bit it hasn't disabled the TCS and ABS... so I might let it slide for a while

·
Registered
2006 Blacked Out CTS-V
176 Posts
Thats very interesting. I do have a Corsa exhaust and it would make sense for the rumble at start to make the stability sys act up when it's going through the check process!! I live in miami by the way I meant cold like 60 degrees cold LOL. Not very harsh.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Interesting. I have an x pipe also together with RT cats so rumble is loud. Never had an issue with the yaw sensor. One of the abs sensors did go bad but was replaced under warranty. What I do get sometimes is the car thinking I'm driving when I rev it up from idle (even speedo goes to 10), doors lock etc etc :) Doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
It is the yaw sensor and duck soup to replace.

I reinstalled my "X" pipe :thumbsup: and with the added noise/rumble the new sensor hasn't acted up yet.

My problem is that the Stabilitrack would intermittantly kick in and jerk the wheel :suspense: even when going in a straight line at any speed! (without the X pipe).

The final nails were the "G" meter reading a 1.01 (I don't drive the car that hard) and the TECHII funny readings coming out of the yaw sensor when it was queried.

Wasn't fixed under warranty though.
My wheel never jerked, just the stabiltrak message popped up all the time. Does that sound more related to the sensor under the steering wheel?

How much $$ was that yaw sensor? I remember you saying it was expensive

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
Mine has been doing this for months and cold weather seems to definitely be involved. I also get 1 brake (feels like front drivers side) locking up rarely, and it seems to be with clutch in and brake applied while coming to a stop light.

I had it diagnosed at the dealer and all the sensors came back clean so they said that means the PCM is bad. I have my doubts about that. Talked to parts manager at another close by dealer and he said it sounds like speed sensors.

Yesterday I discovered a big ass bolt has been missing from my undercarriage and I was hoping that, new tires and a much needed alignment would do the job but during a drive this morning (cold weather is back) the stability system engaged for no reason again. Seems not to happen if I put the car in Competitive Mode.

This shit is driving me crazy though.

·
Registered
04 V Raven
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine wont go into comp mode. I only have TC off or on.

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
Well thats fuggin odd. Id say disconnect the negative and see if you can reset the comp.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts