Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV 2007
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of threads have been started about this issue and I've read almost all of them, but just wanted to hear some opinions. I have had my escalade esv 2007 for about 5 months now and since the beginning I regularly get these annoying messages about stabilitrak and traction control beeps and lights coming on. I've been trying to discover a pattern in when and how. First it seemed to me that it happened only at higher speeds but after quite some miles more, I'm pretty sure that this happens: when I drive on a little bit inclined road, I get this message, than it still stays on when on a flat level road and when the road slopes downwards it turns off again. Could it be that the level of brake fluid is causing this? Or are there any other fluids that have an impact on this? The brake fluid level is not below or close to minimum. I could however fill the reservoir a little but. (Yes I know I can try to do it and see what the results are, but then I wouldn't post a thread which could help others with the same in the future :)

·
Registered
2010 Escalade
113 Posts
I have the same thing and it sounds like the steering angle sensor helps some. I actually think mine is caused by my aftermarket stereo (Amp). I get feedback some times so I disconnected it and plan on regrounding it. A variation in a 5v power source can cause it too.

The last time I changed my front brakes, I noticed I had a pin stuck. I fixed it I cannot help but wonder if it is getting stuck again or something. It got better momentarily after I fixed the pin.

·
2007 Escalade
2007 Escalade AWD
247 Posts
I get the same, and I have the stock stereo.

I thought I read on one thread that it may be related to faulty brake light switch.
I purchased the switch months ago but never installed it.
May give it a go before the end of the summer.

My brake fluid...and all other fluid levels are good as well.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
49 Posts
I got this problem when the self levelling compressor became faulty. If any one of the ride height sensors become faulty it can throw up the same fault codes. All parts of the system can be tested and commanded with a scanner such as a Tech 2.

·
Registered
19 Escalade ESV Platinum 08 SRX N* 13/14 Escalade Platinum
677 Posts
My advice is to get the codes read prior to throwing parts at it.
I have the same error and it was the steering wheel position sensor.
Some shops give free code reads. A genuine tech 2 will run u 1000+ btw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts