Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'92 ALLANTE & 02 EXT
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start my 92 this am and it wouldn't start. This popped up on the DIC. Disconnected the battery for about 10 min. And tried again and it started fine after that.
Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
Your post is not clear! Did it crank over and over like being out of gas or did it not? Or did it not crank at all, like a dead battery? And if the "service soon" message displayed you should have a stored fault code. What is the code and its definition? And why 2 posts?

·
Registered
'92 ALLANTE & 02 EXT
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Turned over but that was it,like it wasn't firing or out of gas. Service Soon didn't come on .
Just "Check Information Center" was the only thing that came on .
But it's running fine after I disconnected the battery & reconnected. I didn't check for codes.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
Maybe you had a slightly loose cable at the battery? or the VATS system malfunctioned.

·
Registered
'92 ALLANTE & 02 EXT
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VATS SYSTEM ??What is that. I don't have a repair manual so enlighten me please.
I know it wasn't a loose battery connection.

·
Registered
Triple Yellow 88 Biarritz, 92 Allante, 05 STS
103 Posts
Vats is the security system, it reads the resistance in your key to enable the fuel injectors and starter enable relay so the car will run. When it malfunctions it says "starting disabled due to theft" "wait 3 minutes" then try and restart. My car did this and would not start one morning, put in a resistor from ignition(you will find lots of info on this) however, it doesn't bypass the vats, it just fools the vats. A few months later it was randomly not starting again. I ordered the Baker Electronix vats bypass module, this module is basic and works perfectly, no issues at all with it. It completely bypasses the vats module, it sends a signal directly to PCM to enable the fuel injectors, you also run a jumper wire on the started enable relay, this completely bypasses the vats module, and worth every penny of the $50 I spent for it.

·
Registered
'92 ALLANTE & 02 EXT
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks !
I just checked for codes & no codes but ECM was in the codes just like this..........ECM ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts