Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CTS V
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten a Service Soon indicator on a new CTS-V? I have less than 1900 miles and the car is only 3 months old but now every time I start the car I get the Service Soon message. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else.

Thanks....

·
Registered
2019 CTS V
14 Posts
Has anyone gotten a Service Soon indicator on a new CTS-V? I have less than 1900 miles and the car is only 3 months old but now every time I start the car I get the Service Soon message. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else.

Thanks....
This just happened to me today. Car only has 222 miles on it as I type this. Not sure what is going on.

·
Registered
2019 CTS V
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am taking it in to the dealer on Friday. Let you know what I find out. Just FYI, because there is no scheduled service, the dealer will not give me a loaner! Kind of crazy for a car of this level!

·
Registered
2015i Escalade, 2017 CTS V
150 Posts
I am taking it in to the dealer on Friday. Let you know what I find out. Just FYI, because there is no scheduled service, the dealer will not give me a loaner! Kind of crazy for a car of this level!
I got the message too, but my V is a 2017 but only 8000 miles on it. The dealer should always offer a loaner for any warranty work.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
777 Posts
Holy SH!T, mine just popped up today too for the first time. “Service Vehicle Soon.” Oil has 35% life left, so no idea why it triggered. 10,600 miles on a 2017. Could this have been pushed through OnStar inadvertantly??

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
Mine came on about 2 days ago. Talked to the dealer. They said it was a safety module hardware failure that functions as a car to car communicator. Not sure what that is but they plan to swap it.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
777 Posts
Mine came on about 2 days ago. Talked to the dealer. They said it was a safety module hardware failure that functions as a car to car communicator. Not sure what that is but they plan to swap it.
I call BS. I’m on the other Cadillac forum too, and a bunch of guys over there had the same thing occur. This is a software issue, not hardware. Have a feeling Cadillac pushed an update that’s triggering everybody’s Service Soon light.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
There is a bulletin out on the issue. GM is aware of the issue and is working on it as we speak. They said they will notify owners when it has been corrected. Apparently, it was an OnStar over the air update that failed. It is purely a software issue and a fix is coming soon.

·
Premium Member
2019 CTS-V Sedan
24 Posts
This is an issue that GM created with one of the latest On Star updates. There isn't a fix for it yet, but GM is aware of it, has issued a bulletin to the dealers and is working on a fix. Stay tuned.

·
Premium Member
2019 CTS-V Sedan
24 Posts
You beat me to it by 6 minutes....lol

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
777 Posts
Guy on the other Caddy forum has the GM sheet outlining the issue. Of course, THIS forum SUCKS and the picture of the sheet won’t attach bc “file size too big.” smdh

Either way, it’s titled “Service Soon Message with U1963.”

·
Registered
11 Posts
have you tried picresize dot com or similar sites? I know its a pain to resize. *************** allows better upload but they banned me for life. If you could upload here that would be great. I didn't get to see it before the perma.

·
Registered
2019 CTS V
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Confirmed. GM update caused the issue. The dealer does not have a fix yet and either GM will fix with another update or notify owners how to fix. Waste of a trip to the dealer today....

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
777 Posts
have you tried picresize dot com or similar sites? I know its a pain to resize. another forum allows better upload but they banned me for life. If you could upload here that would be great. I didn't get to see it before the perma.
You’re the dude who builds the Z06 and CTS-V clones from standard wrecked models.

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V Crystal White Tricoat, 2010 CTS 3.6 (sold)
42 Posts
+1. My ‘18 CTS-V also got this error. Thanks for the updates everyone on this. Saved me an unnecessary trip to the dealer..at least for now.

·
Registered
2016 CTS V SPORT(If the price is right)
76 Posts
Yes, it’s a bug that’s due to Onstart updating a software to the cars. Now all Gm cars from my understanding is showing this message until Onstart fixes this. No timetable as to when this’ll be fixed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts