Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
ESCALADE ESV PLATINUM
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my esv gave me the dreaded message last night after comming out of the vet.i went through the old topics last night alot of info to take in so if anyone wants to chime in on what they think is the best remedy besides stock. please tell why.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
So why did the DIC message come on and what do you need to replace? Front or rear shocks or both? Compressor? Sensors?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
When you start the truck do you hear the compression kick on? See if you can peak through the wheel well and look for a rip in the air bladders

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
godsdiablo said:
When you start the truck do you hear the compression kick on? See if you can peak through the wheel well and look for a rip in the air bladders
Sheesh those look like they are in worse shape then mine did when I replaced them(only one had two holes the other had one huge hole)

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
the cadillac man said:
Sheesh those look like they are in worse shape then mine did when I replaced them(only one had two holes the other had one huge hole)
Found it off google. Surprisingly mine had one rip in one and the other was perfect

·
Registered
ESCALADE ESV PLATINUM
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
compressor comes for about fifteen seconds seems like normal operation. i think i need shocks for sure thats why i was asking for opinions other options besides stock.passive,gas etc

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
I bought the Bilstein AS-2700s for the rear. They are passive for the dampening but have the air bladder for the height adjustment. I really like the ride and can't tell the difference from the OEM ones. Just my opinion, but I'm happy with the purchase. My OEMs had small pin hole leaks, that would leak out the air 30 mins after the truck was shut off. Still have the OEM shocks on the front.

·
Registered
ESCALADE ESV PLATINUM
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks thats kinda what i wanted hear im gonna look into bilstein for front and back.thanks again
I bought the Bilstein AS-2700s for the rear. They are passive for the dampening but have the air bladder for the height adjustment. I really like the ride and can't tell the difference from the OEM ones. Just my opinion, but I'm happy with the purchase. My OEMs had small pin hole leaks, that would leak out the air 30 mins after the truck was shut off. Still have the OEM shocks on the front.

·
Registered
ESCALADE ESV PLATINUM
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
never mind disregard this topic i just got under my esv and much to my suprise on the shocks i saw a strutmaster.com sticker. so i really dont know why the compressor is running every time i start it up.now im going to look at the fuse block next. so thanks for all of your help anyway.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
caprice man 76 said:
never mind disregard this topic i just got under my esv and much to my suprise on the shocks i saw a strutmaster.com sticker. so i really dont know why the compressor is running every time i start it up.now im going to look at the fuse block next. so thanks for all of your help anyway.
The compressor kicks on if the truck sits for awhile
I know mine does due to this cold weather

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
Hey Cadillac Man, Is the Dorman OE Solutions - Suspension Air Compressor Part # 949-000 Truly Plug & play? Just unbolt the OEM one and plug in the Dorman?

·
Registered
ESCALADE ESV PLATINUM
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont have air ride it was converted i guess .it has gas shocks with coil overs.1st time i was under it

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Huddy said:
Hey Cadillac Man, Is the Dorman OE Solutions - Suspension Air Compressor Part # 949-000 Truly Plug & play? Just unbolt the OEM one and plug in the Dorman?
Yep just keep in mind you may need some penetrating oil if you live in the salt belt

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
the cadillac man said:
Yep just keep in mind you may need some penetrating oil if you live in the salt belt
Thanks. Just ordered one from Dorman on Amazon. Crawled under the ESV to see the current one, looks pretty easy to do. Thankfully not a salt belt vehicle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts