Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my alternator replaced, picked up the car and now it had the "service ride control" message. Before I blame the shop, anyone know if they are related? What is service ride control?

·
Registered
39 Posts
brockland said:
I had my alternator replaced, picked up the car and now it had the "service ride control" message. Before I blame the shop, anyone know if they are related? What is service ride control?
The same thing happened with my 97 sts. I had my alternator changed and about a day or two later i got the service ride control message. Before then i never got that message. Check your codes on my i get a RSS c1761. Also i dont get the SRC message everytime i start only some of the time. Any suggestions from anyone would help me also.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ok, the code c1761 is right front position sensor fault. The position sensor is the thing that looks like a mini shock. First thing to do is check the connection of this and make sure they didn't cut or crimp any wires. After that, it will probably mean replacement which is touroughly expensive. The one for my 93 STS cost like $300 at dealer cost. the best bet is to try the junk yard and hope they don't know what it is. That is how I got mine. They gave it to me for free since I bought a tail light. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Loud 93 STS