Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellooo Cadillac World!!!

Can somebody tell me about the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" issue? I have gotten all kinds of stories and GM gave me a good one. Tell me please....

I have two history codes RS0060 and RF2560. Someone help me. GM tells me I have to install passive shocks and struts. I understand I can change shocks, etc. Someone enlighten me.

Thanks...

Rick

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Re: Hellooo Cadillac World!!!

Very surprising to me the dealer would tell you to use passive struts........ Most of the time theyd try and rip you off by saying they dont make passive struts and theat you need to buy their 1000 struts...... BS

What kind of mileage do you have on your car???

Please do yourself the favor and read the previous posts..... This has been discussed in detail, and basically all the questions you have and will probably ask have already been addressed......!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

elwesso said:
Very surprising to me the dealer would tell you to use passive struts........ Most of the time theyd try and rip you off by saying they dont make passive struts and theat you need to buy their 1000 struts...... BS

What kind of mileage do you have on your car???

Please do yourself the favor and read the previous posts..... This has been discussed in detail, and basically all the questions you have and will probably ask have already been addressed......!

I have 57K on this car and I looked over the other posts, none on a '96. I understand from '91-'95 everything is different. I need to know what these codes are. I am thinking I can change a shock or strut and correct the problem. Unless it is a sensor. I just need some input. Thanks,

Poorrick

·
Registered
7,658 Posts

Its all the same, pretty much..... They didnt really change the system.....

If you use passive struts, youll need to reprogram the computer not to look for the active struts.... no big deal there.......

As I understand it, if something goes bad in the strut you gotta replace it all..... Its all self contained......

Do a websearch and see what those codes mean.... Theres pleanty of sites out there...... Ive seen them, but I dont have any bookmarked.......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

elwesso said:
Its all the same, pretty much..... They didnt really change the system.....

If you use passive struts, youll need to reprogram the computer not to look for the active struts.... no big deal there.......

As I understand it, if something goes bad in the strut you gotta replace it all..... Its all self contained......

Do a websearch and see what those codes mean.... Theres pleanty of sites out there...... Ive seen them, but I dont have any bookmarked.......

Can we just bypass the struts(electrically) if the ride is still o.k.? I have searched for the codes on the net, but can't find them. Can someone help with this??

·
Registered
7,658 Posts

If you just bypass them, it will ride bad...... How is the ride now???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

elwesso said:
If you just bypass them, it will ride bad...... How is the ride now???
The ride is good. I have a slight noise in thew right front when I go over a speed bump, otherwise it rides great!

Rick

·
Registered
7,658 Posts

I believe if you try and bypass it, it goes into full stiff mode, making it ride like a truck........

Someone else will chime in (hint hint) to tell you what those codes mean.....!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts

elwesso said:
I believe if you try and bypass it, it goes into full stiff mode, making it ride like a truck........

Someone else will chime in (hint hint) to tell you what those codes mean.....!!!
Sounds good to me how do I bypass this shit, right now I kinda feel like a bobble head part of the time and part of the time like a truck...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please I Have The Same Problem- I'm Actually Trying To Figure Out

How To Install The Relay To Bypass The Electric Ride- I'm In The

Process Of Changing Front Shocks On My 94 Seville And I'm Stuck

Because I Don't Know Where The Relay Connects To - Please Can

Someone Help Please

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I never thought of a relay... I guess that could work because it has an inductive (electromagnetic) coil in it. You would connect it to the wires that go to the OEM shocks or struts. The thing is that the relay has four prongs on it and you have two wires to connect it to. If you connect it to the wrong two prongs you will have an open circuit. The prongs that you want to connect them to are the ones that are attached to the coil inside of the relay. I guess you would need to find out by the trial and error method.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
Krashed989