Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 cadillac deville
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all guros, could you please explain to me what is the meaning of Service Ride Control Code 84. Would this means that i will replace my shock absorber and can any Auto repair shop can fix the problem instead of taking my caddy to a Dealer. Thank You

·
Registered
97 DeVille
172 Posts
Try entering "Service Ride Control Code 84" into google. lots of good results.
there is also the pinned thread in this forum for how to read and decode the real code for this problem.

try it. you'll like it.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,278 Posts
To all guros, could you please explain to me what is the meaning of Service Ride Control Code 84. Would this means that i will replace my shock absorber and can any Auto repair shop can fix the problem instead of taking my caddy to a Dealer. Thank You
=============================
the 95 Deville has/had electronic struts and shocks -
the electronic part of the struts/shocks no longer respond -
so - you will constantly get the SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message -

there is a very simple solution that doesn't actually "FIX" the problem -
but will "satisfy" the computer so you no longer get the message -

it involves getting into the trunk -
and add a relay -

you up for that?

---------------------

SUSPENSION RELAY

I got a $4 generic relay at the parts store and it worked great. It is very easy to do this install. It took me about 15 minutes. Here are more details in case anyone is interested:

Parts needed: generic relay (most have the same numbers as in the above directions: 85,86,87a, 30) . The relays are on the shelf near the fuses at most parts stores. Some quarter inch female terminals, a couple of feet of 16 or 18 gauge wire, two splice doohickeys for tapping into wires without having to cut them. A couple of small wire nuts.

1. Locate the module in the right rear compartment of trunk.
2. Locate three wires: Red (circuit 370) I think this is C15 on the plug, Brwn 12 V ( C16)this is near the red wire and black ground (D15) is also near the red wire. The shop manual 800-43-14 shows the diagram with the correct labels.
3. Wire the relay as described above. you only need to cut one wire, the red one. The black and brown can be tapped without cutting.
4. After wiring is done you can attach the relay to the board with a small screw, there are several locations for doing this.

That is it.
----------------

·
Registered
1995 cadillac deville
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for your quick replay i will buy the relay and follow your instruction basscatt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts