Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had this message come up the past few days.
I can see I'm definitely not alone on this.
To prevent a migraine searching through all the posts on this, what is / can be the best solution to this??
Some posts say there is a tsb on this issue, not sure what to do.
Any/ all help / suggestions / solution on this greatly appreciated.

Tnx,
OG

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
212 Posts
I changed mine a few months ago just for giggles, there is no mention in the FSM of re-setting anything similar to the oil change reminder

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
591 Posts
Tire pressure sensors fail right at 7-8 years old. See if they can be reprogrammed.

·
Registered
2012 SRX 3.6L
10 Posts
I asked about the tire pressure monitors because I had the same 'service rear axle' error but it was preceeded by alarmingly frequent errors about the tire pressure monitors. I replaced them all at least twice over 3 years. When 'service rear axle' came up my dealership inspected and ran every test. They found nothing wrong but the error persisted. So I persisted. Something unexpected was definitely wrong. After exhaustive investigation, it turned out to be a wiring problem. Some frayed wires were shorting at infrequent and unpredictable times. I would have to go back to my mechanic to get the precise explanation and location but this was definitely a weird one to chase down. Of course, in your case, this could be a legitimate 'service rear axle' problem.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I've had the 'service tire pressure monitor' message several times.
Worthy to note, around the same time I have received the 'service rear axle' message, the vehicle has now been screeching the tires at times... maybe just functioning as front wheel drive instead of the all wheel drive?
If this issue has a technical service bulletin, would that mean a repair would be covered???
Ugh, I really hate this bullsh.t...

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
372 Posts
This issue had a technical bulletin that came out a while ago. It was a repair/rebuild the pump in the rear axle housing. If you were under warranty it was covered. If not then it's $800 bucks for a repair kit and labor. Ours was done at the dealer just before the warranty expired around 49,000mi. Good still at 76k now.
Also, I too had the frequent tpms sensor error messages, over and over 4 times at the dealer for it. A random Google search turned up if you have distance problems with your remote not working even 25ft away then you probably have a bad RF receiver module. Once i mentioned that our car was fixed in 10 minutes ! The service advisor and the technician looked at each other and said "we'll have that fixed shortly" and that was it. Another repair all good since.

Just need to know the right "stuff" to get cars fixed. Sometimes the dealers just don't know and you can figure it out and "help" them out. They aren't geniuses behind the counter. If they were they'd be Brain Surgeons lol

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts