Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the check engine light come on Monday (53K miles) since the car was running 100% fine I just reset the computer. It hasn't come back on. I assume this means the car auto lights the check engine light at certian mileage so you will take it in the dealer for service, does anybody know when I should expect this to come on again?

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
Are you talking about the symbol on the gauge cluster or one on the DIC? If I remember correctly, the only function of the one on the gauge cluster is to tell you there is a possible emissions issue. A loose gas cap car set that off.

Is it was one one the DIC, I'd still suggest getting it scanned. There aren't really any mainanence items that you should be worried about at 50k, other than oil & trans fluid. Check your oil life & trans life, & if they're fine, you may have an issue.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Hint: Do the following to remain in compliance with GM's recommendations for maintenance and service:

1. Look under hood.
2. Check to see if engine is still there.
3. Call service writer and let him know you are in compliance with DIC. You have checked the engine, and it is still there.

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
Sorry for the delay, been really busy. It was the Check Engine Light on the dash. But it hasnt come back on.
It was probably just the gas cap not being tight. If it's under warranty you could still get it checked for free just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was probably just the gas cap not being tight. If it's under warranty you could still get it checked for free just to be on the safe side.
Taking it in tomorrow for a oil change (and free carwash) ill have em check it out, 100K warranty with about 42K left to go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts