Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get hold of the service manuals for our 2015 Escalades?

The dealer says Helms Inc. Although Helms does have the 2014, they don't show the 2015. I know we're under warranty on these, but I've never owned a vehicle without getting the service manuals for it. Even if I'm not going to work on it for several years...the manuals explain a lot about how all the systems work. And,I will have this car long past the warranty.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, it seems nobody has any idea how to get the manuals. This is the first car I have ever bought that I cannot find the service manuals. Most are even free downloads these days.

A lot of the questions we are all asking are explained by the descriptions in the service manuals. Maybe their unavailability explains why we all have so many questions!

Anyway, I'll post when/if I find a source...

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
I have purchased the service manuals for all my Cadillacs, except I can not find any for this current 2015i Cadillac Escalade 4WD ESV.

·
Registered
Cadillac technician
669 Posts
The last year we got paper service manuals was 1999 thru Cadillac Craftsmen league, that got replaced with GM Mark of Excellence and everything is on GM Global connect online since. I have a hard time going back and finding anything in paper form anymore.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
The hard, ugly truth is that today's cars ( particularly the high end variety ) are sooooooo complicated and tech oriented that what we used to know as service manuals are now online tech sources for the service people only....I, like the OP used to buy service manuals with every new car...however, that became cost crazy somewhere around my 2000 Yukon ...and then ultimately everything was digitized, i no longer can or should attempt to , do much with these vehicles......still, there is a bit of an interest in knowing HOW some of the stuff on our vehicles works!!! ....and the thought of "maybe I could fix it" floats by! :)

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paper, digital, online...so far it is just not available in any form. I am hoping they are just being slow with the final publication, as I can find the manual for the 2014. If it were not a complete re-design this year, a year-old manual would normally be very close. But, not in this case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts