Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Eldorado and DeVille
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently Bought a 2000 Cadillac Deville. I like to using Service Manual from the Dealership for the up keep of my Vehicles.
I have been Using the Cadillac Forums because I am waiting for the delivery of my new book's (3 volume set). I notice there is a lot of Negativity brewing, boiling, and rudeness ruining this web site hangout.
What Do You think?
:unsure:

·
2004 Deville
2004 Deville, Silver, Gone, but not forgotten, 1972 Eldorado, 1974 eldorado, 1975 CDV
658 Posts
all data diy, it is the service manual online. It costs a little money to sign up, but it is worth it and a lot cheaper than the printed service manuals. I try to ignore the negativity and focus on why i came here, to learn about my car, or to help out when i can.

·
Registered
Eldorado and DeVille
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just check eBay and usually get them for $50 or less. I have also used DIY and had good result in the pasts; but the book seems to last forever. Kind of like my Cars. Thanks

·
Registered
96 FWB
353 Posts
Maybe confused with the wording, but what negativity could there possibly be connected to using a FSM? And what's the rudeness you're experiencing that's ruining our hangout?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,417 Posts
I use both the paper GM/Cadillac/Helm service manuals AND the online subscription to www.alldatadiy.com. The paper/DVD service manuals are never updated; Alldata has a notes feature for input, plus it has direct diagnostics and info on each DTC applicable to the particular car in the subscription.

www.helminc.com

What negativity brewing, boiling, and rudeness ? Been here for over 14 years and have seen only negativity from snowflakes and wannabes. You ask a straight question, you get a straight answer with no smoke blown up your butt. :cool:

Service manuals 4.jpg

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,250 Posts
I much prefer the printed version of the FSM -

don't confuse rudeness with short - to-the-point answers -

don't expect anyone here to hold your hand -
some of us are CRUDE - CRASS - and SOCIALLY UNACCEPTABLE -
BUT - damn good mechanics -

deal with it!

·
Registered
Eldorado and DeVille
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just reading other peoples post and "Wow, they got slammed to the turf". It kind of makes me LOL Me I just try to tip toe through the mine fields carefully. I kind of lost touch with All-data DIY because they stop selling the CD in auto parts store in my area about 5 years ago. I will get hook up with www.alldatadiy.com tonight. Thank Submariner409 and basscatt good job on that slam down I read last night.

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
746 Posts
LOL this is the big boy forum. The other forums I go to will shut down a thread if somebody gets too direct or to the point because they are so scared some snowflake will get butt hurt. I give them a big laugh and tell them they would never survive in the Cadillacforum with the big boys.

At one time I also confused direct answers with rudeness. I was coming from other forums with declining membership and was used to coddling all members to make sure they felt welcome. This place doesn't have declining membership so the kid gloves aren't really needed to keep this place alive.

·
Registered
96 FWB
353 Posts
.......Thank Submariner409 and basscatt good job on that slam down I read last night.
Ah I love the smell of slam down in the morning. Link to this alleged good job please.

·
Administrator
68,417 Posts
No one is intentionally slamming another member. Some cannot read (interpret) what's written, so we occasionally need to use poster paper and red crayons to get the idea across. Everyone is guilty of reaching the end of their rope and getting pissed every now and then. Human nature - BUT that does not mean that foul language, insults, personal attacks can be tolerated. If necessary, chew out someone's ass, but try to do it with class.

It's curious that this (Cadillac) website has such a healthy list of active members. The cars are more popular - and enduring - than you might think.

Along the straight advice line, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen !"

·
Registered
96 FWB
353 Posts
Yah 'Communication Is Key' is the first three of the Top 3 Priorities When Posting. Should be a stickie, and every new member must digitally sign a waiver stating comprehension of the following:

Simple guidelines for posting on any forum:
1.) When posting something, 100% of the people reading what you typed can only read what you typed.

2.) When someone replies to something you posted, you're expected through basic decency, kindness and respect (ok and intelligence) to read what's been typed. That means everything that's been typed, nothing that hasn't been typed, and especially not make up stuff for what "should" have been typed - (referring to limitations of any given reader's intelligence and reading skills).

That's gotta be 3 red crayon's worth.

Don't abide the (incredibly simple and dam difficult to not grasp) guidelines and risk regrettably getting tagged a:

This forum is quite fortunate to run with so many models still in production that accidentally serve to support continued exposure for older out-of-production and antique owners. There's another GM aficionado forum dying on the vine for a couple of compounding factors. But it is (well, was) for a VERY limited run VERY limited demographic from VERY many years ago. Vive Le CF! LOL

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,792 Posts
When I first joined this site, I took offense at some replies, but then I figured out that on this free site with volunteer moderators, plus the shear numbers of posts per day--that no one is going to hold my hand and spoon feed. So I grew a thicker skin, started learning the frequent flyers. Be aware that CF is populated by a bunch of DIY gear heads, plus if you throw out a debatable comment, just expect to be challenged.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,250 Posts
When I first joined this site, I took offense at some replies, but then I figured out that on this free site with volunteer moderators, plus the shear numbers of posts per day--that no one is going to hold my hand and spoon feed. So I grew a thicker skin, started learning the frequent flyers. Be aware that CF is populated by a bunch of DIY gear heads, plus if you throw out a debatable comment, just expect to be challenged.
=====================
you weren't TOO bad -
it only took 3 days to TRAIN you - :cool:

·
Registered
Eldorado and DeVille
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like this site, Where else can you get a lot of solid diagnosable information and help without a book in hand. All I needed was reading some good slap-down, getting some good information, and applying it to my new (to me) Cadillac Deville. ☕ :cool:(y)

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,792 Posts
I much prefer the printed version of the FSM -

don't confuse rudeness with short - to-the-point answers -

don't expect anyone here to hold your hand -
some of us are CRUDE - CRASS - and SOCIALLY UNACCEPTABLE -
BUT - damn good mechanics -

deal with it!
see, at least Bass knows what he is, and owns it. I try to concentrate on the "good mechanic" portion and ignore the crude and crass part.

·
Registered
Eldorado and DeVille
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I agree, I was just reading about some good information" won't shift"(by Aztran). I think that one day it will come in handy at some point in my life. It was long but well worth reading. So I must say this forum is great and I have strong and healthy view to walk out to my garage and dive in to my Cadillac Deville with no book. Right now its raining out so looking for (?) and reading forum searches(?). Thank you Byrdman

·
Administrator
68,417 Posts
Raining - so you're somewhere in lower/mid Cal, near the coast. Wet & muddy here; hope it dries up soon - yard work to do.

·
Registered
Eldorado and DeVille
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya central coast area, Lompoc Ca. I did my MOS training at Aberdeen proving grounds. So a little bit familiar with the weather there. Here I get break in the rain; sun come out and dry up all those puddles, so I can polish my chrome and then it starts to sprinkle again. I will be sporting the picture of the emperor new ride soon. I connect to the internet through satellite so I have to wait for good speed to post.

·
Administrator
68,417 Posts
Heh, heh. From where we live, Kent Island, when the wind is NNW we can hear the gunfire at Aberdeen. Distant booms - some days lots of them. I spent some 1960s time in USN schools in Bainbridge - when it was a huge Training Center

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac SRX Sport AWD Export (ex Japan RHD)
17 Posts
I recently Bought a 2000 Cadillac Deville. I like to using Service Manual from the Dealership for the up keep of my Vehicles.
I have been Using the Cadillac Forums because I am waiting for the delivery of my new book's (3 volume set). I notice there is a lot of Negativity brewing, boiling, and rudeness ruining this web site hangout.
What Do You think?
:unsure:
I get my manuals online and just print them out if I need/want to.

2000 Cadillac Deville you can get here 2000 Cadillac Deville manual

1 - 20 of 30 Posts