Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if someone could recommend the best service manual to buy, i have a 94 eldorado touring model. I am interested in getting one that would have the best information for doing tranny work mostly.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
onecad said:
I would like to know if someone could recommend the best service manual to buy, i have a 94 eldorado touring model. I am interested in getting one that would have the best information for doing tranny work mostly.
Thanks
Check ebay to get a factory one or get one by chiltons or hines

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always thought chiltons and hines were sort of general/basic in comparison to a factory manual or helminc manual.
Am I going to get the most out of one of the 2 you suggested?
thanks

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
onecad said:
I always thought chiltons and hines were sort of general/basic in comparison to a factory manual or helminc manual.
Am I going to get the most out of one of the 2 you suggested?
thanks
I would go with the factory repair manual get one off of ebay it will go into more detail than you would ever expect

·
Registered
1,805 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This manual is for 1993...so for my 1994 eldorado it will cover all the same details??
thanks

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
onecad said:
This manual is for 1993...so for my 1994 eldorado it will cover all the same details??
thanks
I would go for a 94 man. Just to be safe they change little things every year and you don't want it to be something you would fix

·
Registered
'06 DTS Performance
204 Posts
Do you live in big city?

A lot of times you can find service manuals in your public library.

What I've done in the past is, just xeroxing the pages that are relevant to my problem since they won't let you check those kind of books out.

..rickko..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i bought one off ebay...its a gm service manual, I should have it in a couple days. My car is a 1994 eldorado and the manuals come from a 1993. They did'nt have the 1994. So hopefully they'll do, I was to impatient to wait.
lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
def try to get a factory service manual. I just picked one up for my maxima off ebay on a cd. Its very detailed and well worth the 15 bucks i paid for it.

-Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts