Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T AWD
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not unique to an ATS but I believe a used car dealer, certified or not, should pass on all service history records to the consumer when purchasing a used car from a dealer. I was lucky when I bought my 2013 ATS. I was able to access all service records thru www.mycarfax.com using the VIN. The dealer uploaded all service and I found every single visit with all details for my car from the date of delivery (of the previous owner) to all my service records, even those that I added myself. It helped immensely.

·
Registered
Mercedes C300 Luxury - ATS retired (torque coverter shudder)
745 Posts
This was the first vehicle I have bought in a long time that wasn't new and I wouldn't have even considered it without the documented service history. Buying it right at the end or the first owners three year lease made that easy. Dealership maintained lease vehicles are automatically recorded and available to CarFax and AutoCheck.

Though my 2013 was showroom pristine I wouldn't be confident without all the details, lord knows some vehicles have unsolvable issues and digital histories reveal that. I was even able to see a roadside assistance call from Cadillac when the original battery failed prematurely. In addition to service records I wanted to know where the car was from. Important stuff that gave me the confidence to buy used.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac ATS
203 Posts
I keep track of all my service records on an Excel spreadsheet. On some of my cars it goes back 20 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts