Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 seville sls and my service engine light comes on after driving for for 10-15 minutes i replaced my o2 sensor i changed my spark plugs and wires what could be the problem also is there secret where i can check my engine and get a code for the problem i took it to where i can get a diagnostic check for free they said even though my fuses check out good the car has an electrical problem any recommendations any way i can check for codes myself

·
Registered
Cadillac
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says no icp acp sir tcs is also shows codes but it says the code and then it says history does that mean it was taken of in the past or is that what I'm looking for?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,975 Posts
Historical codes mean that the fault has not been detected in the last 3 ignition cycles. Clear them and see if they return.

·
Super Moderator
86,975 Posts
When the codes are displayed they will say "History" or "Current".

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
I would've written down the codes that it told you and looked them up. Despite the "History" tag on them, they were a problem at one point in time and should be looked into. They might even give you an idea as to why your SES light was on.

·
Registered
Cadillac
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cleared the codes and did it over now only 2 codes come up they still say history at the end of them it's P029 and P094

·
Super Moderator
86,975 Posts
You have to drop the trans pan and then the valve body. I think you then seperate the valve body. There are several steel check balls that you have to be very carefull with. They must go back in the same place and are easily lost. It's a messy job, buit not too difficult. If you do a search, I think there is a detailed "How To" somewhere. Maybe in the Tech Tips section.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts