Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a service engine light on, scanner comes up with Code P0410 Seconsary Air Injection System. At this point I'm stumped, anyone
know where this is , is it one part or multiple parts, if multiple parts how would I diagnose which part of it is faulty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
AIR is an emissions system that pumps fresh air to each exhaust manifold during cold starts in order to quickly light off the cat. It uses a vacuum supply from the TB, a solenoid diverter valve, two diverter/check valves (One on the right[rear] cam cover, the other near the thermostat housing) and a rotary pump mounted in the front area of the inner LF fenderwell.

Google "cadillac forums northstar a i r emissions system" or something close. More info found by searching Seville, Deville, Northstar and Tech Tips forums.

If you are in an emissions test area the car will fail. Try to do your own diagnosis - if a GM dealer has to do the work (if any is necessary) you will be broke.

Some AIR pictures in my albums - click my username, open the profile, left column - 2 albums 6 pages - of Northstar stuff. Hover over a picture/diagram for the title of each. Use your browser <-- to back out.

Click to enlarge - use your <-- to back out.......................

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the help, I now have something to go on. Let you know how I make out.

Thanks again

Jim

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Have a service engine light on, scanner comes up with Code P0410 Seconsary Air Injection System. At this point I'm stumped, anyone
know where this is , is it one part or multiple parts, if multiple parts how would I diagnose which part of it is faulty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here is an "exploded view" of the pump (#2) location.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts