Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased 97 Seville SLS 4.6 L Northstar gave it a tune-up the service engine light has been coming on replace both mufflers the service engine light went off. It was still running poorly the engine light would go on and off randomly so I put spark plugs and wires on spark plugs ACDelco spec to the motor spark plug wires were AutoZone duracraft 7 mil after I did this the service engine light came on and when I stepped on the throttle hard the light started flashing and it's running worse than it was before what I do wrong

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,579 Posts
First off, stay away from AutoZone for anything but dumb parts like fluids, bulbs, wiper blades and such.

Pull the DTC's. Post the codes AND their definitions.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,924 Posts
Your waste spark ignition system is finicky about plugs, wires, coil base contact cleanliness, the ICM ground cable. A flashing SES while driving means that multiple missing is occurring - performance and emissions faults.

As posted, retrieve and post any trouble codes and their definitions. Your car uses the OBD-II protocol for code definitions. use the correct model/year group of instructions in this link (it's a sticky thread at the top of this main Seville forum page - always study all stickies)

Use the AC Delco 41-950 double platinum plugs and the expensive AC Delco wires from Rock Auto. Connect the wires and plugs as shown in the drawing - it's important.

Here's a link to your code definitions. CTS-CTS-V FAQ: Cadillac On-Board Diagnostic Trouble Codes (OBD-II)

Northstar Waste Spark Ignition System.gif

Also check that each injector is operating - idle speed, mechanic's stethoscope or long screwdriver handle stuck in your ear - constant, rhythmic ticking - each injector. Injector wiring harness connectors ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts