Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
when you turn the key to the ON position does the amber engine symbol light up on the dash and when you try to crank you get absolutely nothing? If so, your ECM might be taking a crap like mine. I usually know when my car will not start before shutting it off. The Avg MPG's get to acting up and goes down to like 11MPG AVG while driving so I keep clearing it until it reads correctly and I don't have any problem starting usually. Open the under hood fuse box and the wiring harness that plugs in on the right side towards the front of the car has a yellow wire I jump to a ground and the car cranks up. I usually have the codes U0100 & P0700 which I clear before driving or my transmission will act up (harsh, hard shifting) IMG-20120314-00426.jpg

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for the help, but I managed to get it started. I got the key out of the ignition pushing the spring under steering wheel.
Then, I locked the car with the key fob and I opened the driver side door with the key.
After that, I disconnected the battery and left it for about 30 mins.
Then I reconnected it and it started right up. The car started idling pretty rough and eventually smoothed out.

However, I now have the check engine light on so theres that..

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Gibbs, here you go. I didn't read the whole thing but maybe it will help you.

Once again I spent half an hour finding something for someone.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
LOL Next time you should tell 'em to search. That function is there for everyone.
I was searching for the thread where the guy here in my county wanted to trade his aftermarket wheels for factory wheels. I stumbled across this thread and it matches up with Gibbs. He changed his ECM and alternator today at the dealer and was getting the service electrical system message afterwards. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i am having a similar problem here, what should be the ideal voltage when my engine is idle. because i am getting 12.3-12.4 volts from DIC yet my 03 wont crank

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
11 Participants
Doright44