Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1997 Cadillac Eldorado, It has the "Service Electrical Message" on. I have taken it to the dealer 9 times, with no luck of finding the code or anything. It's just killing me with all the money I've been throwing into it with no results.

Ok, my question is ... I just want to unhook the the wire, so this message will stop. The dealership said there is a way but, they couldn't tell me how, or do it for me.

Any help would be nice.

btw- there is nothing wrong with the car, everything works great on it.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,997 Posts
Never heard of being able to do that. Pull the codes to see what the problem is. Also check your battery voltage and cables.

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New battery, new cables, and new alternator.

No codes are coming up. Atleast thats what the Cadillac dealership has been telling me.

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have checked for bad grounds. They came up with nothing. Im baffeld. Im going to take it to one more shop, have them check it, and see what the come up with.

·
Registered
2007 CTS White Diamond - 1997 Deville Silver Mist
289 Posts
I have a 1997 Cadillac Eldorado, It has the "Service Electrical Message" on. I have taken it to the dealer 9 times, with no luck of finding the code or anything. It's just killing me with all the money I've been throwing into it with no results.

Ok, my question is ... I just want to unhook the the wire, so this message will stop. The dealership said there is a way but, they couldn't tell me how, or do it for me.

Any help would be nice.

btw- there is nothing wrong with the car, everything works great on it.
If you're getting that message, there definitely should be a code(s) set which should narrow down the problem. Do you know how to check for codes? You can do it right through your Driver Information Center and Climate Control Panel. With the ignition in the on position, hold the "Off" and "Passenger Temp Down" buttons on the climate control panel at the same time for about 5 seconds. The codes will display in the Driver Information Center. Write them down and post them on this board.

Also, if the car is riding perfectly, don't be overly concerned.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a 1997 Cadillac Eldorado, It has the "Service Electrical Message" on.
By the way, I read in the owner's manual that this message means that an electical problem has been detected within the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) which is the main computer that operates the car. So it is possible that the computer is starting to go, or it could be a loose connection, etc., but get the codes using the procedure that I suggested and post them on this board.

·
Registered
289 Posts
With the ignition in the on position, hold the "Off" and "Passenger Temp Down" buttons on the climate control panel at the same time for about 5 seconds.

I believe it's actually the "Off" and "Passenger Temp Up" button that you press simultaneously. Hold those buttons for about 5 seconds until all the displays light up. The codes will then appear in the Driver Information Center.

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I got my codes.

PCM P0719 and PCM P0741

Say's that they both are current.

Any help with this Richie, or any one else would be awesome.

Jake

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok, so the P0719 Is the brake switch. All I should need to do is replace that then?

the PCM 90741 TCC System stuck off. Im not sure about what that would be, any help with that?

Also there was one more code -

IPC U1255 = U1255 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction) ???

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,997 Posts
Before you replace the brake switch, check the connection and be sure it is mounted securely.

Do a search for P0741. It has been discussed before.
It is an expensive repair, but you can live with it as is.

"U" codes can be set by pulling battery power. Done that lately?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts