Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Platinum, Dark Adriatic Blue Metalic, Maple Sugar
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This message popped up on my instrument panel today. I have a 2017 XT5 Platinum with 43,500 miles on it.

Has anyone had experience with this message that they can share?

·
Registered
2020 XT5, Premium Luxury AWD Platinum, Garnet Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
1,717 Posts
Did the message remain until you shut down? Or was it momentary?

Did the message reappear after restart?

Has your start/stop been working?

When did you take delivery of your '17? Is it more than 4 years ago?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the message remain until you shut down? Or was it momentary?

Did the message reappear after restart?

Has your start/stop been working?

When did you take delivery of your '17? Is it more than 4 years ago?
Thank you for your reply.

It stayed on for about 15 minutes, then I “dismissed“ it.

The message did not reappear the next time I started the car.

My start/stop is not working.

I took delivery of the car on August 1, 2016.

I also just noticed something new, as I slow to a stop I get one chime ring. Never had that before.

I recently installed the LED back up lights. I guess I should reinstall the OEM bulbs and see if things return to normal.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The start/stop not working is a telltale that there is an electrical issue or cooling related as symptoms have been reported on this Forum for the past 4 years.

Did the start/stop work before you installed the LED's? If you reinstall the OEM bulbs and your start/stop begins working again, that may have caused the Driver Assist message as well.

You are a couple of months out of the Bumper-to-Bumper warranty, but you could go to your dealer if the Driver Assist message appears once again to have them read the code that was stored. You should have a couple of days while it is retained in memory. If they do not cover the repair under warranty, it would be good to know what is causing the problem. They may do a courtesy extension of the warranty if you go there regularly.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The start/stop not working is a telltale that there is an electrical issue or cooling related as symptoms have been reported on this Forum for the past 4 years.

Did the start/stop work before you installed the LED's? If you reinstall the OEM bulbs and your start/stop begins working again, that may have caused the Driver Assist message as well.

You are a couple of months out of the Bumper-to-Bumper warranty, but you could go to your dealer if the Driver Assist message appears once again to have them read the code that was stored. You should have a couple of days while it is retained in memory. If they do not cover the repair under warranty, it would be good to know what is causing the problem. They may do a courtesy extension of the warranty if you go there regularly.
Yes, the start/stop worked before installing the LED bulbs.

I’ll reinstall the OEM. bulbs. If that doesn’t rectify the issues, it’s off to the dealer.

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,791 Posts
Service Driver’s Assist usually results from a Lane Departure/Keep assist problem. Possibly the LKA camera or one of the seat vibrators.
It always stores a code and dealer can read the code and do the diagnostics.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Also, if the dealer won't read the codes for free, go to a local chain autoparts store like Advance Auto or AutoZone and they will do it as a courtesy.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Also, if the dealer won't read the codes for free, go to a local chain autoparts store like Advance Auto or AutoZone and they will do it as a courtesy.
Problem is the code readers at the auto parts stores do not read all of the specialized codes the dealer scan tools read. The auto parts code reader will likely say no codes.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would imagine that could be the case, but if your dealer wants a one hour minimum, which in many areas is north of $100 now, is it worth trying? What is the harm? Just tell them not to clear anything.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,791 Posts
From my understanding, Autozone only reads Check Engine Light codes. They wouldn’t be an option for Service Driver Assist messages.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Perhaps. I did not have to use GM to reprogram some side sensors I replaced on my daughters Denali that the dealer wanted a whopping $150 to reprogram which takes less than 5 frigging minutes. I'm not sure what the independent shop used, but he charged me $35. So there are options out there.

The point is, the dealer is not the only option, if your local dealer is not reasonable. Independent Repair Shops and Auto Retailers need to keep up as well, or they will eventually become irrelevant. There's no harm in shopping around.

·
Registered
2017 XT5
912 Posts
Auto parts stores will only read generic OBDII ECU codes. To get to other systems like ABS, SRS, etc. requires a specialized tool. But they don't have to be expensive. Look for the Autel Maxdiag tools - $150-$250 depending on which cars and how many makes you want to scan.

·
Registered
203 Posts
LOL, the world is overrun with cheap Chinese scan tools, and evidently, every single shop across the country, all must report to you before upgrading. Check. Carry on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts