Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV Platinum Edition
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this message, Is this bad?

Also Is it normal to hear the air pump running while it levels sitting still. Kinda loud, I just assumed since its a Cadillac I shouldn't hear it running at all.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Wrong. You'd hear the air compressor working even if that truck was brand new. If it never turns on you've got a problem. If it turns on and never stops you have a problem.

You should really try a search about this message. The topic has been done to death. Let me do a search for you to see what I come up with.

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
ha ha I thought the same thing, every time the "service ride control" pops up I say to myself "here we go again" Someone should compile all the threads about this subject and make a decision tree to correctly identify the problem, then when we see this on the forum, we can tell the user to look at the tree for support. It has been beaten to death and then some, let it rest.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I did the search but there is apparently no real answer, I assumed someone would know exactly what it could be...?
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
escalade
10 Posts
all those links don't really help. No definite answer.

*I've heard it could be a fuse.
*I've heard that maybe when you car was put on a lift, there is something that needs to be disabled before you put it on a lift and you'd get the Service Ride Control

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Your compressor is running too long and setting a code, or the escape valve solenoid is bad that releases air and that's setting a code. These are two possibilities, the only way to be sure is to have the dealer scan it. Unlike other Cadillacs, you can not pull independent system codes on these, and an OBDII reader will not pick them up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all those links don't really help. No definite answer.

*I've heard it could be a fuse.
*I've heard that maybe when you car was put on a lift, there is something that needs to be disabled before you put it on a lift and you'd get the Service Ride Control
you know what, it was the next day after the escalade was put onto a lift.
?

·
Registered
03 Escalade
336 Posts
My "Service Ride Control" light comes on every day since puttin my 24's on. I just hit the button and it goes away til the next start. Compressor runs at start up, doesnt run on and on while I drive, only if I jump in the back and it needs to level off again. Drives fine and the what not, I figued it was from puttin my 24's on.

I did the search and never found an actual answer so w/e, w/e.

I guess I could do a unhook the battery and pull some fuses and hope it resets and then see if it comes back from there. If so time to go drive the service area bays and find someone my age who wants a quick $20 to scan it for me. hehe!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts