Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 DTS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This warning light has been coming on and going off at various intervals for the past several months. Now it has started to remain on at all times. Is there anything I can check before going to the dealership? Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
2006 DTS
83 Posts
The issue that was causing mine to come on sporadically was the driver's side shoulder belt retractor on the pillar above the door. Pull the belt out all the way to the end until it stops, and then release and let it fly back into the roller 3-4 times. Repeat with the passenger side if the driver's side doesn't help. Could also be a dirty sensor in any of the lap-belt connectors. The airbag warning light seems to usually be caused by defective seatbelt sensors of some sort unless you've been hit or or had work done.

12,778 Posts
This warning light has been coming on and going off at various intervals for the past several months. Now it has started to remain on at all times. Is there anything I can check before going to the dealership? Thanks Guys!
Good morning estar,

I can see how the airbag system warning light being activated would be concerning. It looks like you are seeking advice from the forum and have already received some from thellmer. However, if you end up taking your DTS to the dealership, I would be happy to offer an additional layer of assistance. Please feel free to send a PM my way if you would like to discuss this option further.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2010 DTS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks thellmer for your help. I did as you suggested with the seat belt retractors and now the warning light has gone away. It's help from guys like you that have made this forum a success. Thanks again!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts