Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only in the minds of Sheep would the Lexus be a choice... No seriously. The car is great for a Toyota.. but Toyotas are essentially the epitome of the word BLAND. The performance of the ca is not bad per se.. but it simply is not as engaging as the others in the field. I would personally take a C63AMG or M3 over this any day of the week. The CTS-V and M5 simply and completely are well beyond it in my opinion. The fit and finish of the Lexus both in pictures and most importantly... REAL LIFE DRIVING are absolutely pitiful at best. Basically what I'm saying is that it is one of the ugliest cars ever to come out of Japan... even worse than the Tribeca. How Toyota managed to screw up the looks of the nice looking IS350 I'll never understand, but they did. And the interior looks generic as hell. Only the PEDALS look cool.

On a more positive note... it sounds really good. But I certainly wouldn't take it over a used RS4, M3, or C63AMG.. and definitely not over the KING CTS-V or deposed M5. Hell I'd take a Camaro SS over that ugly ass Lexus.

Chalk this up to the SHEEP of the world who absolutely still believe in Japan as their only source of quality, even tho both the Americans (in every way) and German (well not in reliability) simply out do them. They were a segue way to better cars.. circa 1989-2004, and then.. something happened.:nono:

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
106 Posts
I traded my 460L in for the CTS-V, I think the IS-F is pretty good for Lexus on their first shot. I would probably get an M3 over it, The aftermarket support is incredible with proven vendors. I think that is where Lexus needs to improve, When I was doing mods to my 460 the service department was giving me a hard time.

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero
1,646 Posts
What I can't believe is that they actually use fake exhaust tips on that car.

·
Registered
1991 Sedan Deville
2,932 Posts
Toyota engines suck too, the one in my van had to be rebuilt after 2 years. Although they have nice features, I'll never be buying one.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Hey- I like my stainless steel dishwasher! It's quiet, and goes about the job I purchased it for in an efficient and un-dramatic fashion. Sure it's not something I'd show off to company, but it's a nice appliance.

Oh wait......

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
My dishwasher is beige and has a giant dial. I want a fancy one with buttons. :(

·
Registered
Lexus GS 450h...others..
90 Posts
We live in an age where both Caddy and Lexus have come forward with more exciting cars. Caddy is not really considered sportier than Lexus. To the OP the IS-F is no Toyota, its a Lexus. Would you want the wonderful CTS-V called a Chevy, or Buick, or Pontiac? Its kind of funny for people to act like Caddy is some BMW brand when they are cushier or as cushy as a Lexus.

The CTS-V clearly is a segment buster. On paper why would ANYONE get the IS-F, M3, C63 over it let alone the M5, E63, XFR? It has more power and is cheaper or as expensive. I think its a fabulous vehicle.

People want choice though and the CTS-V is not for them. Some want a car that is smaller or lighter, the IS-F is 400 lbs lighter and is much smaller. The CTS-V is the size of the GS. Some are happy with Lexus ownership and the IS-F is a logical step. Some are worried that Caddy might not be AROUND in the future looking at GM's recent mess.

I can appreciate both vehicles. Not sure why the OP needs to make himself feel better bashing a car he clearly knows NOTHING about.

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
The OP was posting in response to a Lexus owning Caddy-basher. For some reason this thread was moved from the '09 V board where it made more sense. :D

·
Premium Member
16 Phantom Gray V, 14 Silver Coast Metallic CTS4
1,360 Posts
What's worse is the oversized pics... :thepan:
They're not oversized on my 24" monitor. :duck:

To the OP the IS-F is no Toyota, its a Lexus. 1.
There is no Lexus brand in Japan, export only. All Lexus models are branded as Toyota there, just as Acura's are Honda's etc..

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
The millions of people from the 80's who insist that imported cars are better and the more millions of people who don't actually LOOK at the Cadillac line because they think they're fuel guzzling luxury cars for old people.

There's a lot of stereotype out there on both sides. I've said this before that it's going to take a long long time to turn the American public around and make them see that Americans are making much better, more fuel efficient cars than they did just a few years ago. In addition to the fact that the imports have severely slipped in quality.

But people have in there heads that imports are better. Just like the people that vote for their party regardless of how bad the candidate may be.

·
Registered
Lexus GS 450h...others..
90 Posts
They're not oversized on my 24" monitor. :duck:

There is no Lexus brand in Japan, export only. All Lexus models are branded as Toyota there, just as Acura's are Honda's etc..
Actually Lexus was launched worldwide in 1989. Since no dealer network was established in Japan, they rebadged them Toyotas there.

This changed in 2006 when Lexus dealerships opened.

Acura is sold only in America. There is no Acura outside America. Most of their vehicles are designed in California, made in Ohio as well.

Shall we talk about the Cadillac BLS? A Saab a Lac?

In regards to who the Lexus owner was bashing Caddy here, we have had problems with him on our Lexus forum.:banghead:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts